Avian flu Possibly

Please send prayers. My birds are sick. I’m surrounded by commercial chicken farms. They are reporting losses too. I haven’t had a death yet. I reported symptoms to the vet and USDA officials. I just returned from dropping off 3 of my flock at Wallace State’s Poultry Lab. They were euthanized and sent to Auburn University for testing. I’m so sad! I’ll know soon the outcome. They won’t stop until they know what the illness is. If flu positive… they will euthanize every poultry bird within one mile of me.
So very sad…I hope it is something, anything else.

It seems unfair for anyone within a mile to have no choice but to be euthanized. Just thinking solely of people who may have a small flock in a covered run with no ranging…if flock is quarantined with good biosecurity…

AI is such a nightmare.

Yes, it’s horrible. We are thinking of our neighbors. Biosecurity is important. Plus, All my chickens are pets. They have names. They follow me around and eat from our hand. We are heartbroken. They were just about to begin laying. It’s awful to lose them. Worse for others to lose their livelihoods!

Please send prayers. My birds are sick. I’m surrounded by commercial chicken farms. They are reporting losses too. I haven’t had a death yet. I reported symptoms to the vet and USDA officials. I just returned from dropping off 3 of my flock at Wallace State’s Poultry Lab. They were euthanized and sent to Auburn University for testing. I’m so sad! I’ll know soon the outcome. They won’t stop until they know what the illness is. If flu positive… they will euthanize every poultry bird within one mile of me.
So very sorry for your situation. It is a worry for all us chicken lovers - I pray over my girls every night for God to protect them from predators and pestilences - so far He has graciously answered my prayers - I will pray for you ( and all chicken keepers ) and your girls too. May it all be well with you!

Back
Top Bottom