Avian influenza found in South Carolina

Large numbers of sick and dead birds appearing on the Outer Bank and Sound Islands in NC.

https://www.outerbanksvoice.com/202...s-appearing-on-outer-banks-and-sound-islands/

Double-crested-Cormorants-AT-PS-_121322-3-728x326.jpg

Ugh. I'm a bird bigot and would not mourn the lost cormorants, but hate to hear about dying pelicans. This thing just won't go away.

Cormorants are creepy. They can swim like a snake. lol

I like cormorants myself.

I spent a semester at Duke's marine lab in Beaufort, NC and loved to watch the cormorants holding their wings out in the wind to dry.

I like cormorants myself.

I spent a semester at Duke's marine lab in Beaufort, NC and loved to watch the cormorants holding their wings out in the wind to dry.
They used to sit on our little boat dock and hold their wings out like that. I always thought they looked like dinosaur birds. :lol:

Just saw on the news that a animal rescue in Onslow Co is getting lots of calls about "birds falling dead from out of the sky". The lady was telling people not to bring them to her but if any were alive she would send the proper people to go pick them up. It showed lot's of ducks, chickens and guineas on the property.

Let's hope birds are not actually "falling dead out of the sky".

They used to sit on our little boat dock and hold their wings out like that. I always thought they looked like dinosaur birds. :lol:
No offense @NanaK, but I bet your dock smelled terrible.

They used to roost on a giant metal navigation structure in the Harbor. Every inch of metal and concrete was completely coated. It was a good place to fish but smelled so bad you couldn't hang around there for long.

No offense @NanaK, but I bet your dock smelled terrible.

They used to roost on a giant metal navigation structure in the Harbor. Every inch of metal and concrete was completely coated. It was a good place to fish but smelled so bad you couldn't hang around there for long.
Windsocks and flags are not just for decoration. :)

Back
Top Bottom