Avian Influenza Webinar

KaleIAm

Free Ranging
8 Years
Jul 13, 2015
Carnation, Wa
Tuesday evening I watched a webinar: Avian Influenza: what poultry owners need to know to protect their flock. This is specific to Washington State, and more focused on chickens. However, I asked if it affects ducks and what the symptoms are and they said yes. Plus they go into detailed biosecurity that will benefit us as well. They posted the seminar on YouTube. It is a little over an hour, but very educational.

"While highly pathogenic avian influenza (bird flu) has not yet been found in Washington, global cases are on the rise. Now is the time for poultry owners to increase their use of biosecurity practices to protect their birds from infection.

In this webinar you will learn:

- What HPAI is and signs to look for in your flock
- How the global conditions are similar to the 2014/2015 outbreak of HPAI that reached Washington
- What effective biosecurity means and practical steps you can take to protect your flock
- Where to find additional resources about biosecurity
- When and how to report bird health issues, including suspected Avian influenza"

*This video does contain photos of necropsy and deceased birds*

My pleasure!
How prescient of you, KaleIAm. I found your post back in October while looking around the forum to learn as much as I could about back yard duck keeping. I found your post and watched the webinar, and recalled doing so when our current epidemic of avian influenza started. I would not have found the webinar without your prior post and other information I have found on line is much drier and more academic.

So thank you again, now I really need that information

How prescient of you, KaleIAm. I found your post back in October while looking around the forum to learn as much as I could about back yard duck keeping. I found your post and watched the webinar, and recalled doing so when our current epidemic of avian influenza started. I would not have found the webinar without your prior post and other information I have found on line is much drier and more academic.

So thank you again, now I really need that information
You are very welcome! 💖🦆

Back
Top Bottom