Avian netting?

lereg

Songster
Jan 22, 2017
Middle Tn
Hi all. Ok, I just purchased a 20' diameter dome for my chicken run. It says it has avian netting on it.

Question time
#1 If I have hawks, owls, weasels, coons, possums, etc, will I need to do anything to the top of it?

I know it may be overkill, but I do plan on putting an 1joule fence around the area as well.

With that being said, would I have to make any amendments to it at all?

Hi all. Ok, I just purchased a 20' diameter dome for my chicken run. It says it has avian netting on it.

Question time
#1 If I have hawks, owls, weasels, coons, possums, etc, will I need to do anything to the top of it?

I know it may be overkill, but I do plan on putting an 1joule fence around the area as well.

With that being said, would I have to make any amendments to it at all?
Wait until you get it... then figure out where you go from there.

For weasels, coons, and possums, IF they have no way to get to the roof (no trees close) and you put a hot wire all-around on the fence wall so that they can not climb up, then you do not have to worry about them reaching or touching the roof.

I have all of the raptors... and I have had one bald eagle manage to dive bomb through a fishnet top. However, I think that was because he didn't know it was there. If you make sure birds can see the net, then the hawks/etc. shouldn't hurt it.

Great horned Owls can tear stuff up with their feet, but I haven't ever had them tear up my fish net tops.

Back
Top Bottom