Avian Pox aka Fowl Pox

jopheso

Songster
Feb 13, 2015
I want to document a case of avian pox. We had this in our flock last year and it was really scary because of how ugly it looks and how long it lasts. We actually lost 2 birds to this because we didnt know what to do. I want to try to help anyone new to this. It is NOT blackhead which is deadly.

Avian pox in itself isnt deadly, but it can make the birds not eat and drink. This is what happened to ours without us realizing. Anyway this is what it looks like at about 1 week into it. For us it lastest a total of about 4 weeks last year.

yes exactly..I forgot about that. Thanks for reminding. I added that to the tags, but I dont think I can add it to the title at this point.

yes exactly..I forgot about that. Thanks for reminding. I added that to the tags, but I dont think I can add it to the title at this point.
You should be able to edit the title. You might want to research "wet pox", because that can be fatal.

found the title edit. thanks. I am going by the fact that we had this happen last year and it wasnt wet pox

Back
Top Bottom