Avy the Noob from Illinois "Howdy"

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by AVALANCHE50, Apr 17, 2017.

1. AVALANCHE50

AVALANCHE50 New Egg

Apr 17, 2017
    Hi peeps just introducing myself I'm Avy from the south side of Chicago (no I'm not a dumb corrupt liberal either lol).

I too got the Poultry bug, went with 13 Pilgrim geese. I researched and found they are economical, friendly, not as noisy as some can be, terrific parents and they are auto sexing (meaning they are different colors per gender at birth).

So far I have 8 with the last 5 coming this week. I purchased from 3 different nurseries so as to get a good healthy mix of genetics.

I purchased a 16'x 10' shed, built a deck for it, dug a small pond and am working on fencing as we speak. I also rototilled a half acre and replanted new pasture seed with many different species of grasses to accommodate a good healthy future diet.

Look forward to hearing all your valuable informative stories thankyou and God bless.

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

2. BYCforlife

BYCforlife Overrun With Chickens

Hey, AVALANCHE50, [​IMG]! Glad you could join! If you have any questions, feel free to ask![​IMG]

3. redsoxs

redsoxs Chicken Obsessed

Jul 17, 2011
    North Central Kansas
    Greetings from Kansas, Avy, and [​IMG]! Happy you made it official and joined BYC!! I hope you enjoy your geese - I sure like mine! Love your goose coop! I see you've already discovered the Geese Forum but here's a link where you can find your state thread and chat with some fellow IL poultry folks: https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/270925/find-your-states-thread
    Best wishes and good luck to you and your honkers! [​IMG]

4. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    Thank you for joining us at Backyard chickens. Beautiful coop.

5. Teila

Teila Bambrook Bantams Premium Member

G’Day from down under Avy [​IMG] Welcome!

Congratulations and thanks for sharing some great pics! That is an awesome set up you have.

I hope you enjoy being a BYC member. There are lots of friendly and very helpful folks here so not only is it overflowing with useful information it is also a great place to make friends and have some fun.

If you would like to share more pictures and stories of your flock, you have come to the right place. BYC’ers never tire of these and do not back away slowly or commence eye rolling when the photo album or home videos come out [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by