AW GEEZ - I did it, I looked

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by debilorrah, Mar 12, 2009.

1. debilorrah

debilorrah The Great Guru of Yap Premium Member

at A Hovabator. They are only $55!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I never should have looked. How do you guys hide them from your SO's????? Where can I put it?

Look waht you people have done to me. [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

2. Mourningdove

Mourningdove Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 17, 2008
    Cleveland, Tn.
    [​IMG] hide it in your closet?

3. digginchicks

digginchicks Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 15, 2009
    Sullivan, Indiana
    haha why do you need to hide it???

4. B. Saffles Farms

B. Saffles Farms Mr. Yappy Chickenizer

Nov 23, 2008
    Madisonville, TN
    hu oh, Debi. You can hide the bator pretty easy but the baby chicks arent as easy to hide. [​IMG]

5. chilling in muscadine

chilling in muscadine { I love being disfunctual }

Jun 8, 2008
    muscadine, al.
    Just go for it, get it. As far as hiding it I would probably put it in the middle of the dining room table for the center peice. [​IMG] Oh wait, that is in my house. I'm lucky I don't have to hide all three of mine. Once your SO sees the fuzzy butts and how cute they are he will get over it. Does this mean I'm an enabler?????? [​IMG] Have some fun, you deserve it.

6. Cetawin

Cetawin Chicken Beader

Mar 20, 2008
    NW Kentucky
    Debi hide in the closet and when the peeping starts run to him and say "SURPRISE" [​IMG] before he can ask what that noise was. [​IMG]

7. Mourningdove

Mourningdove Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 17, 2008
    Cleveland, Tn.
    oh dh let me buy my hovabator but my problem is trying to hide all the eggs going in it(he is home when the mail runs( [​IMG]

8. Mom 2em All

Mom 2em All Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 20, 2008
    Southeast Michigan
    I love husbands- they are just the best!

I had twelve MORE eggs delivered today, and had them setting out on the table- you know, settling before I put them in the incubator.

He said, "you got MORE eggs?" and I said, "No, Im just arranging these ones"...and he said, "Oh"...grabbed a beer out of the fridge and headed off to teevee land.

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

I now have 80 eggs- but they dont all hatch, right? I think I could fit 12 more in my incubator (incubators, start off with one hovabator, need a second one before you know it).....

Last edited: Mar 12, 2009
  9. Lorettawyandotte

Lorettawyandotte Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 12, 2008
    white springs, fl
    This is such a slippery slope...I have 59 chickens...32 or so just babies in the brooder...I have already looked at what McMurry might have available in late April...the brooder will be empty, sterilized and begging for company (chicks and more chicks). I have been researching Duckies...I love Duckies...want some...and yesterday I was looking at a 'bator...I am lost to this horrible addiction to fuzzy little bird people...and look where I hang...with a whole bunch of enablers!!!!!!

10. Marlinchaser

Marlinchaser Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 18, 2007
    MERRY LAND
    Quote:Yeah hide it in the closet then we can make Debbie Just came out of the closet references. [​IMG] I hid mine in the dining room, seems like we always eat in the kitchen, living room, or outside(I think I remember eating outside, is it warm yet), so the Dining room was the safest place.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by