Awesome breeder alert!

Discussion in 'Chicken Breeders & Hatcheries' started by kaitlyn_rae2003, Jul 8, 2011.

1. kaitlyn_rae2003

kaitlyn_rae2003 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 8, 2010
    Laconia NH
    I have done business with in my opinion, one of the greatest small farm breeders out there, and I just wanted to share my experience, and pass along their good name! Malapine Farms, in VA offers eggs and chicks of a few various breeds, they have their own website, so please check it out! www.malapinefarm.com Their birds are gorgeous and the customer service is amazing. I feel like I found a real gem with these guys, so really if you are interested in birchen marans, black ameraucanas, lavender orps, olive eggers, etc CHECK THEM OUT! I am in no way affiliated with the farm, I just cannot let a day go by without publicly giving them a review! I have used various breeders, small and large scale, and this has been the greatest experience yet, and the birds are of the best stock too! Thanks so much!
    Kate

2. Orange Ribbon

Orange Ribbon Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 14, 2011
    That is good to know, especially since I'm in Virginia. I checked out their website, but didn't see an address. Could you tell me what town they are located in? They have some good looking chickens.

3. kaitlyn_rae2003

Jun 8, 2010
    Laconia NH
    Powhatan, VA I do believe! cutest chicks I have had to date! [​IMG]

4. tjebarr

tjebarr Out Of The Brooder

Jul 3, 2011
    I have also found a good breeder in the Virginia area. http://mccormickschicks.webs.com/

Met
    Catherine and Duane at the Chickenstock at Gowers Feed in Ranson, WV this morning. Purchased some beautiful Blue Copper Marans chicks and some older Black/Blue Marans Pullets from him. Wish I would of found this guy before I waited 5 months on Marans Chicks to never receive them. He is located in Front Royal, VA.

5. Orange Ribbon

Orange Ribbon Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 14, 2011
    I would sure like to know of breeders in Virginia with some good Speckled Sussex stock. I have not been able to find anyone in the state who breeds them. I have found some in other states, but they can't ship to Virginia. [​IMG]

6. WestKnollAmy

WestKnollAmy The Crazy Chicken Lady Premium Member

Apr 22, 2008
    upstate SC
    I wish I could find good Speckled Sussex stock, too.
    I have hatched from 6 different breeders, ordered from 4 different hatcheries and have about 5 chicks to show for it. I am about to give up on owning the breed. They seem very weak to me.

7. Soaring Chicks

Soaring Chicks Soaring Hawks Farm

Jan 3, 2010
    Henderson,NC
    I'm so happy to see this. I know both of them and they are very nice people.
    Mala- has put a lot of work into his breeds and gets the best he can. Anyone would be very happy with his flocks.
    McCormick - is working very hard on his breeds to and has been able to get his hands on some outstanding Wyando

8. bishopschickens

bishopschickens Chillin' With My Peeps

May 23, 2008
    Cumberland, VA
    Hi Kaitlyn,
    Thanks for posting this and Malapine (he is on here also) is my dad. He takes a lot of pride in what he does and is a great guy. Glad you got the chicks and are enjoying them!

Brandon

9. kaitlyn_rae2003

Jun 8, 2010
    Laconia NH
    Glad to spread GOOD word Brandon! The chicks are doing great, and are absolutely beautiful! [​IMG]

10. nincomcoop

nincomcoop Out Of The Brooder

Apr 2, 2010
    Quote:LUCKY! I'm still waiting for my refund from you-know-who!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by