*Awesome New Geese*

Bleenie

Wyan-DO's
10 Years
Jul 14, 2009
The Beautiful Pacific NW ,WA
I picked these 7 up yesterday... i felt like we were never going to find the place they were SOOO far out, it's no wonder no one had gotten them when they had them listed for sale. we drove about 3 hours altogether to get them and got home late but they settled in sorta. used their pool and have been eating. they really wanted out with the other birds when i let thm out but Owen was MAD, lol. my little baby was all puffed up, wings out and head down at their fence, lol...he should calm down soon, once he's used to them, i think it's mostly because they're bigger than him.
roll.png

we had to throw together a quick house for them in the old goat pen but they seem happy with it.
idunno.gif

I LOVE the spotted ones!!!
love.gif

Here's the new bunch: 2 moms & 5 babies. 1 mom is Embden & the other mom is maybe an African mix too?? lady thought she was a Toulouse but obviously not, lol. the daddy was an African.
DSCN3941.JPG

DSCN3947.JPG

DSCN3950.JPG

DSCN3946.JPG

DSCN3943.JPG

DSCN3944.JPG

DSCN3948.JPG

DSCN3949.JPG

DSCN3951.JPG

DSCN3945.JPG

Last edited:
I had some mixed breed brown chinese geese that were crossed with my Roman's last year. They looked somewhat like your new geese. I had one little goose that I miss and regret selling her. Bummer.

Good luck with your new crew!

love.gif
they are sooo PRETTY!!!! i know im just in love with my three geese! THose dappled ones are GORGEOUS!!!! You're so lucky!!!

Quote:
they all (dark ones) look like they have black on the beak to some extent?
I think that is more of an african trait.

They are so pretty, Bleenie, congrats. And, its also so nice to see another goose keeper that appreciates the beauty of cross-bred geese. Nothin' wrong with mutts
smile.png

So, you got 2 mamas? I guess that dark goose with the bump is a mama and the all white is the other mama? The others must be the 5 babies, 3 dark and 2 light/spotted.

Do you know if they all have the same father? The African Gander(?)

They're so pretty! I have a question for you...I've never had a goose, only chickens, so I'm wondering why people keep geese? Is it for eggs too, like chickens? Maybe just a hobby because you like birds?

Sorry if that's a dumb question.....

don't you just love those great big fuzzy behinds? I have a Pom gander with the cutest butt I think I have ever seen, human or otherwise...he is always squeaky clean and clorox bleach white and fluffy fuzzy walking away, head turned sideways, watching me with one blue eye...I think I make him self conscious...OMG...I have to find something to do with my time...this bird fixation is just sic I tell ya!!!!
idunno.gif

Bleenie--your geese are gorgeous and I too love the spotted ones...they are all pretty cool

Last edited:
I sure hope they keep that mottled look! Very neat geese. I have only Toulouse in my flock but play with mixing ducks and chickens. Same fun and easier to sell!
lau.gif
Well, if I ever sell any....Terri O

Back
Top Bottom