1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Awesome outcome.

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by hwbarber, Oct 8, 2016.

1. hwbarber

hwbarber New Egg

Mar 2, 2016
    Lancasrer, California
    [​IMG]
    So here is the neat story on this baby. Her momma was on her way to the foster farms slaughter house when she was intercepted and rescued with the rest of our flock. Three months ago she was a day away from being somebody's dinner and now she is a proud momma. I am so filled with joy when I see this little baby. Don't get me wrong I am a meat eater but this is pretty cool.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 8, 2016
  2. Yorkshire Coop

Yorkshire Coop Moderator Staff Member

Aug 16, 2014
    Yorkshire, UK
    My Coop
    What a wonderful story and a great pic, congrats on your chick they both look very happy :clap

3. pattyhen

pattyhen Chicks Ducks oh my

Apr 20, 2007
    Beautiful story and I really believe when you rescue them they know and appreciate what you've done for them. Bless your heart for rescueing her and the others.

4. b.hromada

b.hromada Flock Mistress

How beautiful. Bless you for taking in this beautiful girl. To see her with her little one, its precious! Thanks for sharing with us all.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by