AwesomeAcres flock; pictures of these beautiful chickens (and chicks!)

Name: Blackjack
Breed: Easter egger
Story:
I noticed on Blackjack that she had Wet Fowl Pox. ☹ She was separated from the flock and slept in a dog carrier at night and was taken out into a chicken tractor at day. One night i had something to do and got done at 9PM. I can out to get her and found her body headless. We have had fox problems before, and she was another one. She was pacing the fence and stuck her head out of one of the gaps, and the fox probably got her. Unfourtantly, I don't have any pictures of her. Just envision Pumpkin but black.

Name: Blackjack
Breed: Easter egger
Story:
I noticed on Blackjack that she had Wet Fowl Pox. ☹ She was separated from the flock and slept in a dog carrier at night and was taken out into a chicken tractor at day. One night i had something to do and got done at 9PM. I can out to get her and found her body headless. We have had fox problems before, and she was another one. She was pacing the fence and stuck her head out of one of the gaps, and the fox probably got her. Unfourtantly, I don't have any pictures of her. Just envision Pumpkin but black.
So sorry for your loss. :hugs

I know, I know, this is supposed to be chickens. But I'm adding my cat on today.

Lizzy(2).jpg

This is Lizzy. We call her Liz for short. Her sister died 2 years ago.
Liz is 18 and died today on Memorial Day. She was not in pain when she died.
I'll miss her dearly. I already miss her.
Happy Memorial Day.
June 2003 - May 31, 2021

I know, I know, this is supposed to be chickens. But I'm adding my cat on today.

View attachment 2697062

This is Lizzy. We call her Liz for short. Her sister died 2 years ago.
Liz is 18 and died today on Memorial Day. She was not in pain when she died.
I'll miss her dearly. I already miss her.
Happy Memorial Day.
June 2003 - May 31, 2021

She was such a beautiful cat. My horse just passed away today to, we both had a sad day. I am sorry for your loss.
I'm so sorry for your losses.

Know that you took the best care of them as you possibly could.

Sending prayers of peace and comfort both of your ways, and lots of hugs. :hugs :hugs :hugs :hugs :hugs :hugs :hugs :hugs :hugs :hugs :hugs :hugs :hugs :hugs :hugs :hugs

My cat hasn't died yet, but she's getting pretty close to it.
We adopted her when she was pretty young and had been hit by a large truck. She had been a stray, but we took her in and payed for the surgery. She was an outdoor cat until a few years ago where she decided she wanted to be inside.

Now she has kidney failure, a UTI that we are treating her for, anemia, and a few other issues. She is now at least 17 years old. We know she will pass very soon, but hopefully it will be peaceful.

If she starts suffering we will have to put her down.

Back
Top Bottom