Ayam Cemani EXTREMELY weak

Or does the person who gifted them to you have chickens of their own?

Looks like there's blood in the poop(?!)

Corid can be found at TSC in the cattle section. Liquid Corid dose is 2tsp or Powdered Corid dose is 1 1/2 tsp per gallon of water. Give for 5-7 days as the only source of drinking water.

Don't give any extra vitamins that contain B1(Thiamine) during the treatment period.

Wash the chick's vent carefully with a little warm soapy water. Dry her well! Apply a little vaseline or ointment to the vent.
Whoosh let's hope I can get it at the local vets because the nearest TSC is an hour away 😅

Who did you buy them from?
Do you have a link to the seller's website or advertisement?
I mean can you ask the person who gifted them to you for this info?
I believe they came from Sugar Feather Farms.

Whoosh let's hope I can get it at the local vets because the nearest TSC is an hour away 😅
A vet may not have this exact product but a vet will have something similar or an antibiotic that work.

You mentioned wheezing though which would not be caused by coccidiosis but could be a symptom of a respiratory disease.

If you have access to a vet the best chance of survival is to get the birds in immediately.

A vet may not have this exact product but a vet will have something similar or an antibiotic that work.

You mentioned wheezing though which would not be caused by coccidiosis but could be a symptom of a respiratory disease.

If you have access to a vet the best chance of survival is to get the birds in immediatel

Looks like there's blood in the poop(?!)

Corid can be found at TSC in the cattle section. Liquid Corid dose is 2tsp or Powdered Corid dose is 1 1/2 tsp per gallon of water. Give for 5-7 days as the only source of drinking water.

Don't give any extra vitamins that contain B1(Thiamine) during the treatment period.

Wash the chick's vent carefully with a little warm soapy water. Dry her well! Apply a little vaseline or ointment to the vent.
The vet ended up having Corid! She has been under the watchful eye of a friend who has been chicken sitting her today because I have had work the entire day. I will start getting her the Corid as soon as I get home!!!

Baby seems to be getting much better. Still sleeps spread out like a corpse and likes to give me heart attacks.
I've changed both chicks' bedding to fluffy towels, in case the pine bedding was causing some of the wheezing. Halved the dose of Corid (I did .75 tsp for a half gallon) and I've been administiring it to the sick chick. How soon can I expect her to start putting on weight and growing? Her buddy is already over double her size.

Having coccidiosis can really upset/damage intestines... Which can cause problems with the birds ability to absorb nutrition.

Hopefully this didn't happen.
It's possible if there's that much of a size difference between it and it's sibling that something else may be going on with it too.

Has it always been smaller?
Can you get a picture of the two next to each other?

Having coccidiosis can really upset/damage intestines... Which can cause problems with the birds ability to absorb nutrition.

Hopefully this didn't happen.
It's possible if there's that much of a size difference between it and it's sibling that something else may be going on with it too.

Has it always been smaller?
Can you get a picture of the two next to each other?
The picture of them on my hand is the very first day I got them and the picture of them in the brooder is one I just took. Okay, maybe not QUITE double her size but enough to definitely raise an eyebrow. She was noticeably smaller when they arrived.

Attachments

• 1007211323b.jpg
    1007211323b.jpg
    263.7 KB · Views: 4
  • 1016211342_HDR.jpg
    1016211342_HDR.jpg
    344.4 KB · Views: 5

Back
Top Bottom