Ayam Cemani Lays Weird Eggs?

May 9, 2020
Tampa, Florida
I have an ayam cemani hen named Raven. Ever since she started laying eggs, they have either been soft shelled or very deformed. She's over a year old now and stopped with the soft shells (thank god). But she has never once laid a normal shaped egg. I've hatched quite a few of them and raised the babies. One grew up to be a big pretty roo but he died from the layer feed we found out (we stopped buying it a few months ago when that happened). I remember when Raven was a baby, she was unusually tiny and barely grew until like she had a really fast growth spurt. Could that maybe have something to do with her egg problems? Or would it be something genetic? Maybe the parents were inbred? Idk. I will post pics of her eggs tomorrow

**Every single other chicken we have lays normal eggs. We have 5 types of bantams and well I lost count of the bigger breeds we have, but the point is: everyones eggs are fine except Raven's

Pics: *ignore the egg in the background, I wasn't sure if it was hers or a new layer*

Attachments

• 20210505_145321.jpg
    20210505_145321.jpg
    223.9 KB · Views: 15
  • 20210505_145339.jpg
    20210505_145339.jpg
    205.5 KB · Views: 2
  • 20210505_145359.jpg
    20210505_145359.jpg
    260.1 KB · Views: 2
  • 20210505_145402.jpg
    20210505_145402.jpg
    238.5 KB · Views: 4
  • 20210505_145421.jpg
    20210505_145421.jpg
    228.2 KB · Views: 5
Last edited:
I have an ayam cemani hen named Raven. Ever since she started laying eggs, they have either been soft shelled or very deformed. She's over a year old now and stopped with the soft shells (thank god). But she has never once laid a normal shaped egg. I've hatched quite a few of them and raised the babies. One grew up to be a big pretty roo but he died from the layer feed we found out (we stopped buying it a few months ago when that happened). I remember when Raven was a baby, she was unusually tiny and barely grew until like she had a really fast growth spurt. Could that maybe have something to do with her egg problems? Or would it be something genetic? Maybe the parents were inbred? Idk. I will post pics of her eggs tomorrow

**Every single other chicken we have lays normal eggs. We have 5 types of bantams and well I lost count of the bigger breeds we have, but the point is: everyones eggs are fine except Raven's
Ok, pics will be helpful I will wait :pop

Yeah pics would help a lot.

Back
Top Bottom