Ayam Cemani Mating Early?

I have an 8 week old Ayam Cemani Rooster and he looks like he’s trying to mate a huge 17 week old hen. Can Ayam Cemani Roosters mate that young?
Well although roosters can mate around that age they are not fully matured and chicks either wouldn't have good health or the eggs won't even Incubate. I don't think you are wanting to hatch I just wanted to make that clear. Younger rooster will try to mate however it might just be that he is just trying to court the hens and they aren't keeping him in line so he's getting brave. 8 weeks sounds kinda early and the earliest mine tried anything was around 10-14 weeks old around when they started crowing. Is he crowing yet? Is he your only roo?

Well although roosters can mate around that age they are not fully matured and chicks either wouldn't have good health or the eggs won't even Incubate. I don't think you are wanting to hatch I just wanted to make that clear. Younger rooster will try to mate however it might just be that he is just trying to court the hens and they aren't keeping him in line so he's getting brave. 8 weeks sounds kinda early and the earliest mine tried anything was around 10-14 weeks old around when they started crowing. Is he crowing yet? Is he your only roo?
No “Billy” is not the only Ayam Cemani Roo. He’s one of 6 that are out in the run.

Back
Top Bottom