Ayam Cemani Roo or Hen

K8clark

Chirping
May 15, 2021
Hello,
I'm reposting this sweet 11week old Ayam Cemani to ask what y'all think - Cockerel or Pullet? I posted these pictures yesterday and received wonderful feedback but I think I put it in the wrong place. It was my first day on BYC. Anyhoo - we are thinking that Agatha is a male but hoping that we are wrong. If it turns out that he is a roo, any suggestions on where/how to re-home him?
Big thanks!!!

tempImageDqeLpr.jpg

tempImageK6wNtP.jpg

For people who reply to this thread:
I find sexing ayam cemanis really hard, if you know how too, is there any tips? Like are they faster to mature or slower in general, pictures for example, etc.

Hello,
I'm reposting this sweet 11week old Ayam Cemani to ask what y'all think - Cockerel or Pullet? I posted these pictures yesterday and received wonderful feedback but I think I put it in the wrong place. It was my first day on BYC. Anyhoo - we are thinking that Agatha is a male but hoping that we are wrong. If it turns out that he is a roo, any suggestions on where/how to re-home him?
Big thanks!!!

View attachment 2672173

View attachment 2672178
This bird looks male. We all struggle with rehoming and what to do with extra boys. If he is purebred, you may be able to sell him. Depending on your area, you can try Craigslist. You can also post him in your state thread here on BYC.

This bird looks male. We all struggle with rehoming and what to do with extra boys. If he is purebred, you may be able to sell him. Depending on your area, you can try Craigslist. You can also post him in your state thread here on BYC.
Yes. We want the best for him but can't provide that and it's sad.Thank you for the wonderful suggestions! I will contact the farm where we got him from, ask if he is purebred and then move forward from there. ❤️

Back
Top Bottom