4 Ayam Cemani mixes- 8 weeks old

Ash56

Chirping
Premium Feather Member
Jun 20, 2023
San Antonio
Someone gave us some Ayam Cemani mix eggs. The dad is full Ayam and the moms could either be an Australorp, Legbar, Americauna, or an Easter egger. I think we have 2 pullets (Spidey and mix #1) and 2 cockerels. What do you think? Also, if you notice one of the the chickens looks a lot like one of the breeds listed above, feel free to guess on which breed you think is the mother hen.

Attachments

• 4EBF773C-DBA2-42B6-9E6A-B3EB823EC69A.jpeg
    4EBF773C-DBA2-42B6-9E6A-B3EB823EC69A.jpeg
    336.6 KB · Views: 117
  • 3E5D06E7-A92B-4DC7-AA8B-7751D49E25A5.jpeg
    3E5D06E7-A92B-4DC7-AA8B-7751D49E25A5.jpeg
    372 KB · Views: 67
  • B1DDF4F3-4C61-4E22-AECB-F4C21654075F.jpeg
    B1DDF4F3-4C61-4E22-AECB-F4C21654075F.jpeg
    329.1 KB · Views: 66
  • F86322D6-2D0B-4F1B-900A-E8C8E32BE27C.jpeg
    F86322D6-2D0B-4F1B-900A-E8C8E32BE27C.jpeg
    411.5 KB · Views: 70
Yup stacy and number 2 are your boys
1 and 4 are gals
I’m not sure why but I convinced myself Stacy was a girl for the longest time lol even though my husband kept telling me over and over again, “that is a boy”… he had the biggest comb from the very beginning I was in denial.

I saw Stacy and number 2 puffed up, kicking each other in the head the other day 😳 then I was like ugh I guess I will now have to admit Stacy is a boy 😭 he was of course my favorite from the beginning. And I don’t mean the normal pecking order tussle. It was much more aggressive and lasted a lot longer.

Last edited:
I’m not sure why but I convinced myself Stacy was a girl for the longest time lol even though my husband kept telling me over and over again, “that is a boy”… he had the biggest comb from the very beginning I was in denial.

I saw Stacy and number 2 puffed up, kicking each other in the head the other day 😳 then I was like ugh I guess I will now have to admit Stacy is a boy 😭 he was of course my favorite from the beginning. And I don’t mean the normal pecking order tussle. It was much more aggressive and lasted a lot longer.
Roos are always super sweet at that age and tend to get attached more than the pullets
I'm currently raising a young flock and the 3 males in there constantly seek me while the ladies want nothing to do with me

Roos are always super sweet at that age and tend to get attached more than the pullets
I'm currently raising a young flock and the 3 males in there constantly seek me while the ladies want nothing to do with me
So true, I am raising some bantams now, I’ll be like ok, who’s a rooster!? I put my hand out and a couple jump into my hand….and that there is the rooster test lol

Someone gave us some Ayam Cemani mix eggs. The dad is full Ayam and the moms could either be an Australorp, Legbar, Americauna, or an Easter egger. I think we have 2 pullets (Spidey and mix #1) and 2 cockerels. What do you think? Also, if you notice one of the the chickens looks a lot like one of the breeds listed above, feel free to guess on which breed you think is the mother hen.
Wow! I'd never heard of this breed 'Ayam Cemani'. They look pretty impressive.

Speaking of Ayam Cemanis

The parents of this pullet (2-3 months) are both standard feathered Ayam cemanis. However, she developed leg feathers. Does other variants of Ayam cemani (bottle brush, walik, frizzle) have this characteristics?

Merry Christmas to all!!!!

Attachments

• 1703576947292.jpeg
    1703576947292.jpeg
    394.9 KB · Views: 34

Back
Top Bottom