Ayam Cemani rooster or hen?

I understand about the shape. But some of the feathers at the base are rounded as well. She was sold to me as a hen, so I was just holding out hope that she actually is a hen 😩 it will be a bummer if she ends up being a rooster. Do you have experience with this breed? There isn't a ton of information on the internet about them, that's why I thought I'd ask here 😉
I have never personally raised them but the pointed feather rule always stands. Cockerels don't switch over automatically to pointed feathers. He will get there. There are even breeds that are "hen-feathered," but a hen will never have pointed feathers (except in rare cases due to hormonal imbalance like ovary problems, but this happens in older hens who "switch.) 😊

I have never personally raised them but the pointed feather rule always stands. Cockerels don't switch over automatically to pointed feathers. He will get there. There are even breeds that are "hen-feathered," but a hen will never have pointed feathers (except in rare cases due to hormonal imbalance like ovary problems, but this happens in older hens who "switch.) 😊
Darn 😞 I think I knew deep down that she was a rooster. I was just really hoping for two hens and one rooster 😢 Now I'm just hoping that the younger one is really a hen 😉 thank you for your response 😊

Back
Top Bottom