Ayam cemani x polish

SebrightMix

Chirping
Oct 22, 2020
Hi
anyone know what a Ayam Cemani x Polish cross would look like, i just wanna know in case I decide to get some Ayam cemani‘s and hatch their offspring from my polish
thanks

anyone know what a Ayam Cemani x Polish cross would look like, i just wanna know in case I decide to get some Ayam cemani‘s and hatch their offspring from my polish

Crested but with a smaller crest than the Polish, skin probably darker than the Polish but not as dark as the Ayam Cemani, duplex comb but might be larger and more obvious than the Polish comb (might even look sort-of like a Buttercup comb). I think Ayam Cemanis and Polish are about the same size as each other, so I'd expect the chicks to grow up to the same size too.

Feather color will depend a bit on the color of the Polish. Most kinds would just produce black chicks if crossed to Ayam Cemani. Blue or Splash Polish would produce some or all blue chicks. White Laced Gold Polish would produce white chicks, and a few other colors might do that too. Any color of chicks might have some gold or silver leaking through in a few places.

If you are aiming for a black/black skinned chicken you should do a Ayam cemani over a black and black skinned chicken like maybe a silkie. Your offspring of AM x Polish will have darker skin but won’t be as black as a pure Ayam. A cool cross would be AM x black Silkie because you would have black skin, crest, feathered feet, and black feathers.

Back
Top Bottom