Ayam Cemani ?

Blue Eager

Songster
6 Years
Oct 30, 2017
I have breed Cemanis for three years now & their color is just about where I think it should be with very little if any mulberry, which was my goal. This I achieved by crossing the best from GFF I have which btw was a major chore in itself, & crossing them with Indonesian strains. The problem I am having now is riding the floppy comb. My question is; has anyone managed to get a large percentage of offspring without the floppy comb?

Thanks.

Here of mines 2 years of breeding ayam cemanis. I have 2 blues last year and this year.
A25E46AB-EC8E-426D-8298-4F9135D70BDB.jpeg
639387B9-547F-4AB8-BD45-0E4D978C5C5F.jpeg

They came in a little fault with some with. I don't know where the fault coming from, but hoping these 2 helps.

I have breed Cemanis for three years now & their color is just about where I think it should be with very little if any mulberry, which was my goal. This I achieved by crossing the best from GFF I have which btw was a major chore in itself, & crossing them with Indonesian strains. The problem I am having now is riding the floppy comb. My question is; has anyone managed to get a large percentage of offspring without the floppy comb?

Thanks.
i know this is an old post but I was curious about your floppy combs. did you breed forward any with the floppy comb that were otherwise breeding quality and what percentage of proper combs did you produce. did daughters of the floppy comb roosters produce proper combs more often then not. I have used a cemani rooster on my naked necks for some beautiful blue or black chicks. one very nice dark blue rooster has the floppy comb and I'm considering taking a chance nd using him on some of my hens and i stumbled across your post regarding same topic. i will attach a photo just for fun
DSC_0193.JPG
DSC_0193.JPG

i know this is an old post but I was curious about your floppy combs. did you breed forward any with the floppy comb that were otherwise breeding quality and what percentage of proper combs did you produce. did daughters of the floppy comb roosters produce proper combs more often then not. I have used a cemani rooster on my naked necks for some beautiful blue or black chicks. one very nice dark blue rooster has the floppy comb and I'm considering taking a chance nd using him on some of my hens and i stumbled across your post regarding same topic. i will attach a photo just for funView attachment 2358938View attachment 2358938
This handsome guy was born in February of this year and is the culmination of 5 years of breeding. In short I culled over 3 doz Cemani's from a local breeder (nothing but problems), purchased a doz from a breeder from Colorado last year, she tossed in and additional doz. Out of those all were culled for the exception of 7. This guy is the result of those kept. He will take over as my breeder for next years hatches. I also kept 11 grow out hens born the same time as the male that are showing excellent promise. You can see one of them next to the roo. I will decide next year which of those he will breed. I am currently exactly where I would like to be in this breeding program. I am very optimistic for next years offspring.

Attachments

• IMG_2987.JPG
    IMG_2987.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 8
  • IMG_2986.JPG
    IMG_2986.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 8
  • IMG_2981.JPG
    IMG_2981.JPG
    1 MB · Views: 8
This handsome guy was born in February of this year and is the culmination of 5 years of breeding. In short I culled over 3 doz Cemani's from a local breeder (nothing but problems), purchased a doz from a breeder from Colorado last year, she tossed in and additional doz. Out of those all were culled for the exception of 7. This guy is the result of those kept. He will take over as my breeder for next years hatches. I also kept 11 grow out hens born the same time as the male that are showing excellent promise. You can see one of them next to the roo. I will decide next year which of those he will breed. I am currently exactly where I would like to be in this breeding program. I am very optimistic for next years offspring.
He is beautiful. He certainly looks to be a good payoff for all the hard work you have put into the breed.

Back
Top Bottom