Aztec Ducks!

Pics
My last hatch. I ended up with ten that made it out of eggs, 3 DIS, one of the 10 that hatched had seven deformities in the legs feet and hips. I found out after it passed that it also had a skull deformity.

it was sad to lose the little one but I feel lucky that 9 are healthy happy ducklings that already like to make messes.

I've just ordered some mallards to use with breeding next year. They're just hatchery ducklings that I tacked onto an order of guinea keets, so we'll see how their quality is. If they're not great, then they'll just be pets, but I'm hoping that they're at least decent enough to use for one cross.

Ah, okay. I use iQBirdTesting and Animal Genetics (formerly known as AvianBiotech) when I get testing done, and so far both have been correct all the time.
Is that the same lab you used for the BEI? Both of the ducklings we got from you are quacking now. We've been wondering if they had a new hire who saw ZZ and since a repeating chromosome in humans is female, assumed the same was true for ducks.

Is that the same lab you used for the BEI? Both of the ducklings we got from you are quacking now. We've been wondering if they had a new hire who saw ZZ and since a repeating chromosome in humans is female, assumed the same was true for ducks.
It was the same lab yes. Not sure why it happened but glad it worked out well for you.

Here are pictures of the babies today in their tub time.

6198F8F9-129F-499E-AD3C-238C7F050297.jpeg 8D645B68-EADE-4B09-BAAA-81813ED4AA66.jpeg 6945DC88-9D0D-4B01-AF55-2F3187AB0D18.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom