Aztec Ducks!

I know I've mentioned my crooked drake before but I was able to get a good picture of him recently. You can see his right wing droops a little bit and his tail is bent completely down. His tail feathers always look horrible because they are touching the ground all the time, but he's able to get around really well. I thought I wouldn't have to worry about him mating the girls but he's at least attempting it. He's a handsome drake and has a sweet look to his face but obviously he's not a good candidate for breeding. I don't think his issues are genetic. He hatched and was actually sideways. He needed assistance with everything. His name is Lucky.

Attachments

• 20211107_105245.jpg
    20211107_105245.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 4
This is the drake that *I* think is most handsome. I'm not sure how they're supposed to look but this guy really sticks out from the others. He was the smallest but has really filled out. I hope he's got the right look because he's also a sweetheart. I've got one that doesn't like to be handled too much and he will bite, but the other three are sweet and this one and Lucky are the sweetest. This is Pierre
20211107_105229.jpg

This is the drake that *I* think is most handsome. I'm not sure how they're supposed to look but this guy really sticks out from the others. He was the smallest but has really filled out. I hope he's got the right look because he's also a sweetheart. I've got one that doesn't like to be handled too much and he will bite, but the other three are sweet and this one and Lucky are the sweetest. This is Pierre

View attachment 2891078
He looks pretty good. He has a nice neck ring. His head is solid too. Hard to tell how the patterned looks on his back with the light and having likely bleached out the feathers some. But he looks like a very nice boy The fact that is he is really sweet helps too!

He looks pretty good. He has a nice neck ring. His head is solid too. Hard to tell how the patterned looks on his back with the light and having likely bleached out the feathers some. But he looks like a very nice boy The fact that is he is really sweet helps too!
I know you warned me about the sun bleaching and I need to get a solid roof instead of netting. I'm working on it. My Calls feathers are suffering from sun bleaching too 😞 My other drakes don't have such a blue head or such a nice neck line. Their coloring is very different from Pierre's

I don't know if anyone else has noticed this but my porcelain boys seem to be all very sweet but my blue pear boys tend to have an attitude about them. The girls are about the same but the girls are nicer just mouthy little things that like to be demanding about things like meal worms and filling up their pool with water faster.

I know you warned me about the sun bleaching and I need to get a solid roof instead of netting. I'm working on it. My Calls feathers are suffering from sun bleaching too 😞 My other drakes don't have such a blue head or such a nice neck line. Their coloring is very different from Pierre's
I provided a bit more shade this summer with tarps and that left them less bleached out but between playing in the yard and swimming and causing chaos they still got bleached. It is in a red brown that i noticed gets bleached out in almost all the animals i have seen it in, (ie dogs, cats, horses). So i was not surprised. Plus he still looks good.

I don't know if anyone else has noticed this but my porcelain boys seem to be all very sweet but my blue pear boys tend to have an attitude about them. The girls are about the same but the girls are nicer just mouthy little things that like to be demanding about things like meal worms and filling up their pool with water faster.
My BP girl is very loud, just like a Call. My Porcelain girl is very quiet and only quacks whenever she's looking for her "sister". Even being beside Calls, Blue Belle quacks right along with them. Diva just does a very quiet little squeak. I don't have any BP drakes to compare though

I just wanted to share that I got my first Aztec egg yesterday!!! Her abdomen isn't quite as filled in as I'd thought it would be but I have a suspicion that my BP laid it as the drakes don't seem to even notice my Porcelain duck hen. I feel pretty confident that it's fertilized 🤭 It looks identical to my Calls eggs so I'm writing the breed on the egg as well. Then again, my BP hen seems to have a lot of Call qualities. I really love these ducks!

I just wanted to share that I got my first Aztec egg yesterday!!! Her abdomen isn't quite as filled in as I'd thought it would be but I have a suspicion that my BP laid it as the drakes don't seem to even notice my Porcelain duck hen. I feel pretty confident that it's fertilized 🤭 It looks identical to my Calls eggs so I'm writing the breed on the egg as well. Then again, my BP hen seems to have a lot of Call qualities. I really love these ducks!
Congratulations!!! Can I see a picture of her? Also, what’s the difference between a Aztec and a Call duck? If you don’t mind me asking.

That's great news!!! :bun

Back
Top Bottom