Azur Blue Egger Created By Hendrix Genetics

Attachments​

• Screenshot_20231213-045130.jpg
    This is true got most chickens but not true for all breeds!
I originally started raising Hatchery EE's 13 years ago, many of the hens had blue earlobes some with no muffs and beards and produced large blue eggs even through winter. I've loved breeds that are docile but predator weary. I like blue egg production breeds. My Ameraucanas lay a medium size Blue egg but they're not as productive as my EE's. Azur having Leghorn genetics boost up the size and production. I also read the Azur are calmer, quieter than their Leghorn parentage 😊

It took me awhile to find whiting true blues. I contacted several people that never answered, I successfully received hatching eggs from Kim at Dragonfly Farms In NC.
I would think the Hendrix genetics birds are only sold in large numbers with no breeding contracts and other conditions that come with big corporations.

I originally started raising Hatchery EE's 13 years ago, many of the hens had blue earlobes some with no muffs and beards and produced large blue eggs even through winter. I've loved breeds that are docile but predator weary. I like blue egg production breeds. My Ameraucanas lay a medium size Blue egg but they're not as productive as my EE's. Azur having Leghorn genetics boost up the size and production. I also read the Azur are calmer, quieter than their Leghorn parentage 😊
I would like to have a few bantam blue or green layers. But they only sell bantam Auracana without a tail where I live (NL). I find these chickens so ugly that I don’t want them.

It took me awhile to find whiting true blues. I contacted several people that never answered, I successfully received hatching eggs from Kim at Dragonfly Farms In NC.
I would think the Hendrix genetics birds are only sold in large numbers with no breeding contracts and other conditions that come with big corporations.
I would agree Hendrix Genetics have always been a seller of super large quantities. I also have WTB from McMurray, bought them in April, mine all have pea type combs. Included a cockerel that had slow feathering so I knew right away I had a male.

I would like to have a few bantam blue or green layers. But they only sell bantam Auracana without a tail where I live (NL). I find these chickens so ugly that I don’t want them.
A few of the Hatcheries sell Bantam EE's. Ideal Poultry , Cackle, Meyer, My Pet Chicken and Strombergs.
I have thought about getting some too. Little Robins eggs would be cute.
I did hatch a fibro EE pullet that's point of lay and still very small, mom is a Black Ameraucana and dad's are from my fibro single comb Blue eggers. I'm still waiting for her to lay. She's so sweet natured.

Attachments

• IMG_20231210_134400.jpg
    IMG_20231210_134400.jpg
    441.6 KB · Views: 2
Yes very formilar with Schijndelaar's,
Sage Acres Farm has them. She is using them x her extreme dark egg laying Marans to create dark olive eggers.
Sadly they have crest and very long tails, both characteristics I don't like. Hard to breed out those genetics. Azur are already bred with the white feathering, single comb, Blue earlobes and high production Blue eggs. I could get a White Ameraucana Rooster x White Leghorn Hens and work for years to produce my own. I've already been working on single comb fibros , blue earlobes and lay medium size Blue eggs.
I want that high production, Super Large Blue egg layer Azur to add to my medium size petite girls.
Did you quote the wrong post?

Azur are already bred with the white feathering, single comb, Blue earlobes and high production Blue eggs. I could get a White Ameraucana Rooster x White Leghorn Hens and work for years to produce my own.
There is a link between the pea comb gene and the blue egg gene. So if you wanted to breed your own with single combs, it will be much easier if you skip Ameraucana (pea comb/blue egg) and start with blue-layers that already have single combs (like Legbars).

I've already been working on single comb fibros , blue earlobes and lay medium size Blue eggs.
I want that high production, Super Large Blue egg layer Azur to add to my medium size petite girls.
Have you considered just adding White Leghorns to what you have?

There's obviously the matter of getting the blue egg gene to breed true again, but otherwise it sounds like normal White Leghorns would pretty much have the genes you want.

Those Azure are different at Alchemist Farm they sell aren't Azur they're a line of Legbars, Welsummers and Sage egger crosses that they created that look similar to Legbars. Alchemist copied the name and added a E on the end as Hendrix Genetics owns the Azur name.
Azur© , are pure White Single Comb with iridescent earlobes. They are a cross of pure Ameraucana x high productive White Leghorns. Only place I've seen them in the US is Vital Farms Egg Company. They only sell eating eggs.
https://vitalfarms.com/true-blues/
Never heard of that line before seeing this sorry! These are the only ones
Those Azure are different at Alchemist Farm they sell aren't Azur they're a line of Legbars, Welsummers and Sage egger crosses that they created that look similar to Legbars. Alchemist copied the name and added a E on the end as Hendrix Genetics owns the Azur name.
Azur© , are pure White Single Comb with iridescent earlobes. They are a cross of pure Ameraucana x high productive White Leghorns. Only place I've seen them in the US is Vital Farms Egg Company. They only sell eating eggs.
https://vitalfarms.com/true-blues/
Wish I could help but I don't raise any white chickens.Sorry!

Back
Top Bottom