Azur Blue Egger Created By Hendrix Genetics

I would like to have a few bantam blue or green layers. But they only sell bantam Auracana without a tail where I live (NL). I find these chickens so ugly that I don’t want them.
I thought that breeders of no-tail Araucana would usually have some chicks with tails as well, due to how the genetics work. It might be worth asking if they have any "culls" with tails that you could buy (unless you already asked and got a negative.)

Only place I've seen them in the US is Vital Farms Egg Company. They only sell eating eggs.
https://vitalfarms.com/true-blues/
Hmm, I wonder if any of the eating eggs would hatch? I have read a few anecdotes of people hatching grocery-store eggs.

Whether any of the eggs are fertile would depend on whether they deliberately keep males (probably not) and whether they have any oops males in the flock (depends on whether they think it's worth the time & effort to catch any males that may be present.)

I notice their list of products includes size medium blue eggs, not size large or extra-large (which they do have in brown eggs.) So the Azurs might not be laying eggs as big as you might like.

I thought that breeders of no-tail Araucana would usually have some chicks with tails as well, due to how the genetics work. It might be worth asking if they have any "culls" with tails that you could buy (unless you already asked and got a negative.)
That's what I did when I got mine. They said right on the page that they cull any hatched with tails and when I asked, they just went ahead and threw those in my shipment too

Hmm, I wonder if any of the eating eggs would hatch? I have read a few anecdotes of people hatching grocery-store eggs.

Whether any of the eggs are fertile would depend on whether they deliberately keep males (probably not) and whether they have any oops males in the flock (depends on whether they think it's worth the time & effort to catch any males that may be present.)

I notice their list of products includes size medium blue eggs, not size large or extra-large (which they do have in brown eggs.) So the Azurs might not be laying eggs as big as you might like.
Yes I'm in a FB Group for hatching store bought eggs. Sadly can't find the Vital Farms Blue Egg's near me to try them. I've only found the Happy Eggs Heritage Blue Egg's in Clear Cartons, and the Julian Calendar numbers are usually 3 to 4 weeks old so I'd say they're too old to try and hatch.
They say production Plant 1267 has had better hatches than some of the other Plants.

Attachments

• IMG_20230419_133239__01__01.jpg
    IMG_20230419_133239__01__01.jpg
    393.3 KB · Views: 5
  • one-page-for-eggs-web.jpg
    one-page-for-eggs-web.jpg
    215.7 KB · Views: 4
Yes I'm in a FB Group for hatching store bought eggs. Sadly can't find the Vital Farms Blue Egg's near me to try them. I've only found the Happy Eggs Heritage Blue Egg's in Clear Cartons, and the Julian Calendar numbers are usually 3 to 4 weeks old so I'd say they're too old to try and hatch.
They say production Plant 1267 has had better hatches than some of the other Plants.
I once read that Demeter eggs are the best. It’s obliged to have a rooster present for the label.

Anyone else think it is funny that Vital farms call them “true blues”, but they use Azur chickens?
https://vitalfarms.com/true-blues/
If you think that there’s a possibility of hatching these eggs, I would give them a try, but I would think they are not fertilized.
I tried to locate the blue eggs, but can’t find anywhere that carries them.

Back
Top Bottom