B.Y.C. Dorking Club!

rofl... leave it to me to mess it all up... guess i earned my call sign after all. LOL (k.i.forgot)
I called and asked, but they (Murray) didn't seem able to figure out WHERE they came from, at all. The current owner bought the business 8 years ago. It seems that they should have record somewhere of where the SG Dorkings originated, but the little girl asked the owner and he said he didn't know off the top of his head. He simply told her "we have maintained our own stock for several years." >.< Maybe if enough of us call them, they will have incentive to dig up the paperwork. Here is their contact info:
Murray McMurray Hatchery
PO BOX 458

191 Closz Drive
Webster City, Iowa 50595
Phone: 515-832-3280

Also, they are down to 20 birds left unclaimed for the April 1st ship date, as of this morning.

Last edited:
I called and asked, but they (Murray) didn't seem able to figure out WHERE they came from, at all. The current owner bought the business 8 years ago. It seems that they should have record somewhere of where the SG Dorkings originated, but the little girl asked the owner and he said he didn't know off the top of his head. He simply told her "we have maintained our own stock for several years." >.< Maybe if enough of us call them, they will have incentive to dig up the paperwork. Here is their contact info:
Murray McMurray Hatchery
PO BOX 458

191 Closz Drive
Webster City, Iowa 50595
Phone: 515-832-3280

Also, they are down to 20 birds left unclaimed for the April 1st ship date, as of this morning.

Someone grab the twenty then!

I doubt they'd be able to find that info out. For what I understood from conversation with Mr. Urch, they used his stock to infuse their existing stock. The originator is probably long forgotten; they've had SG Dorkings for a very long time at this point.

Also, at this point it doesn't much matter. They are their own unique strain and are genetically removed from the other extant strains in a significant way.

Last edited:
rofl... leave it to me to mess it all up... guess i earned my call sign after all. LOL (k.i.forgot)

Peas in a pod, last night, returning from a poultry presentation, I was laughing with my husband about how every year there are things that slip my mind, and I have an "OMG I forgot to do it" moment. It's just that ome' got so much in one's head.

Bad news: I am still without power and running on generator.
Good news: I have one dorking zipped and 3 pips!!!!!!

wee.gif
wee.gif
wee.gif
wee.gif
wee.gif
wee.gif
wee.gif
wee.gif
wee.gif
wee.gif
wee.gif
wee.gif
wee.gif
wee.gif
wee.gif
wee.gif
wee.gif
wee.gif
wee.gif
wee.gif
wee.gif
wee.gif
wee.gif
wee.gif
wee.gif
wee.gif
wee.gif
wee.gif
wee.gif
wee.gif
wee.gif
wee.gif
wee.gif
wee.gif
wee.gif
wee.gif
wee.gif
wee.gif
wee.gif
wee.gif

Last edited:
Out of the first 2 chicks one looks quite nice. Good size color and feet. Has a rose comb and seems very alert. Looks like all we got was 2 chicks from that last hatch in the reptipro. Now I think things are going to start getting better with dropping the humidity a tad and using a better incubator.

We are going to try and use the air cell sizing method from here on out. If nothing else observing air cells should teach us for future hatchings. Just like anything else i suppose, no substitution for experience. I think we are going to have a great time learning this year.

Out of the first 2 chicks one looks quite nice. Good size color and feet. Has a rose comb and seems very alert. Looks like all we got was 2 chicks from that last hatch in the reptipro. Now I think things are going to start getting better with dropping the humidity a tad and using a better incubator.

We are going to try and use the air cell sizing method from here on out. If nothing else observing air cells should teach us for future hatchings. Just like anything else i suppose, no substitution for experience. I think we are going to have a great time learning this year.

Hmmm....that definitely isn't OK. What do the instructions for your "reptipro" suggest for hatching? With the GQF I just follow directions and have great results.

Back
Top Bottom