B.Y.C. Dorking Club!

ok so im tryin to suprize DW with either eggs or chicks... anyone have either for sale in the near future? PM me if you will have some with in the next couple months...... colors are not an option but i would like to get her show/breeder quality stock.
thanks in advance!
vince

well, i managed to drag the pen down to where it's going to live, but the coop has been added onto since it was last moved (roofing), and now the tractor (massey subcompact) won't pick it up!

so i may have to build something i can drag it on... thinking i might take a lesson from history and use a lever/travois type contraption, with 4x4s, a couple 2x4s screwed as cross braces and then use that as a drag for it... it's already on short legs, up off the ground, so maybe that'll work.

but it'll be harder placing it where i want it, since i was planning on using the bucket and forks to put it there... no way to drag it directly where i want it because of an old stump/root ball that we haven't been able to get rid of yet.

some days i wish some sci-fi stuff were real. LOL one of those grav-sleds would be about perfect i think.

well, i managed to drag the pen down to where it's going to live, but the coop has been added onto since it was last moved (roofing), and now the tractor (massey subcompact) won't pick it up!

so i may have to build something i can drag it on... thinking i might take a lesson from history and use a lever/travois type contraption, with 4x4s, a couple 2x4s screwed as cross braces and then use that as a drag for it... it's already on short legs, up off the ground, so maybe that'll work.

but it'll be harder placing it where i want it, since i was planning on using the bucket and forks to put it there... no way to drag it directly where i want it because of an old stump/root ball that we haven't been able to get rid of yet.

some days i wish some sci-fi stuff were real. LOL one of those grav-sleds would be about perfect i think.
omg...what I wouldn't do for a day with a tractor. When I designed Our current coop, I designed it to be movable...or so I thought.

It's not.
he.gif

Had I known, I'd have built it a wee bit closer to the house. Yeah, anti-grav would be cool.

well, my roo 'junior' is either extremely brave or extremely stupid...

i was going down to check on the broody momma who took all the babies that just hatched, and straight ahead of me about 50 feet or so, was a couple silver grey girls and my roo Junior with them...

it hapenned so fast, but out of nowhere, a hawk swoops down toward one of the girls, and junior launced at the same time and connected HARD with the hawk... both landed, hawk took off, and poor junior's got a bloody cut on the back of his head and comb...

made one heck of a mess, but the bleeding stopped pretty quick. the rain just helped it spread faster i think...

i'm not posting the pic directly, to spare the squeamish. LOL

click here

i was going down to check on the broody momma who took all the babies that just hatched, and straight ahead of me about 50 feet or so, was a couple silver grey girls and my roo Junior with them...

it hapenned so fast, but out of nowhere, a hawk swoops down toward one of the girls, and junior launced at the same time and connected HARD with the hawk... both landed, hawk took off, and poor junior's got a bloody cut on the back of his head and comb...

made one heck of a mess, but the bleeding stopped pretty quick. the rain just helped it spread faster i think...

click here
Awww, poor, brave guy! I'll go with "brave" rather than "stupid"...

Excellent rooster!

I lost a mixed-breed hen of mine to a hawk this Thursday -- I think the old man fled to the woods. Anyway, he didn't come out until dusk. :mad:
Guess I need a Silver-grey Dorking!
lol.png

click here
Way to go junior!! You have to love a rooster like that, he would be a keeper and I hope he is on the mend.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom