B.Y.C. Dorking Club!

It is a wheaten Marans egg. The color varies by hen and how far into the laying cycle it was laid. All of the pictured eggs are wheaten Marans or red dorking. The good thing about having Marans and dorkings is that it is nearly impossible to get them mixed up! :)

Last edited:
I want to say thank you to everybody who helped me out with my chickie's health issues. My sweet Dorcus fought hard, but simply had too much to overcome. You guys taught me so much that I will be able to use next time, and it is greatly appreciated.

I was finally able to weigh my Urch trio of SG Dorkings. The cock weighs 6 lb, 1 oz, looks small, feels thin. The big hen feels 'about right' and weighs 6 lb, 1.4 oz. the small hen feels thin, weighs 4 lb, 6.8 oz. I will post pics when they stop hiding from me when I approach their pen. I will also re-weigh when all have put on weight.

I was finally able to weigh my Urch trio of SG Dorkings. The cock weighs 6 lb, 1 oz, looks small, feels thin. The big hen feels 'about right' and weighs 6 lb, 1.4 oz. the small hen feels thin, weighs 4 lb, 6.8 oz. I will post pics when they stop hiding from me when I approach their pen. I will also re-weigh when all have put on weight.

Interesting. I still want to see photos. The other Urch pullet that I saw this year was very nice but still under standard weight. I wonder why he is not keeping them up to standard weight?
Makes me feel a little better about my own, though, since those weights are in the same range as mine.

I want to say thank you to everybody who helped me out with my chickie's health issues. My sweet Dorcus fought hard, but simply had too much to overcome. You guys taught me so much that I will be able to use next time, and it is greatly appreciated.

I am truly sorry for your loss...Please do not give up on Dorkings as they make wonderful pets. Wish it could have been a better outcome.

I want to share some pictures of our Red Dorkings. Most of these girls are from this season's hatching and we are having really good luck with our size and weight in these birds. These are from Sandhill Lines.

We only saved 2 roosters this season and I am really pleased with this one. He is about 7 months old.

Last edited:
I want to share some pictures of our Red Dorkings. Most of these girls are from this season's hatching and we are having really good luck with our size and weight in these birds. These are from Sandhill Lines.

We only saved 2 roosters this season and I am really pleased with this one. He is about 7 months old.
Love your roosters! They're really beautiful!
wink.png

Back
Top Bottom