B.Y.C. Dorking Club!

I picked up a few SGD chicks at a local feed store a couple weeks ago. They are from Murray McMurray and were supposed to be straight run. They all looked like pullets, but I remember reading somewhere that the SGD from MMcM are not easy to sex like most SGD chicks. I can't find where I read that though. Does anyone have any experience with their chicks? One of them does have a slightly lighter marking on top of head, and it's a tad smudgier. The others have very dark, clear head markings. So possibly one boy?

I picked up a few SGD chicks at a local feed store a couple weeks ago. They are from Murray McMurray and were supposed to be straight run. They all looked like pullets, but I remember reading somewhere that the SGD from MMcM are not easy to sex like most SGD chicks. I can't find where I read that though. Does anyone have any experience with their chicks? One of them does have a slightly lighter marking on top of head, and it's a tad smudgier. The others have very dark, clear head markings. So possibly one boy?

Your are correct!

The color sexing did not work for McMurray chicks. I had to wait until the breast feathers came in.

Okay, thank you Ron! The one time I am actually hoping for a boy, everybody wants to be a girl... but there's still hope then
wee.gif

Okay, thank you Ron! The one time I am actually hoping for a boy, everybody wants to be a girl... but there's still hope then
wee.gif

Yes!

You will be looking for Black feathers on the breast. They start around 3 weeks sometimes and for sure by 5 or 6 weeks.

I hope you get a nice Boy too!

Back
Top Bottom