B.Y.C. Dorking Club!

they are 7 weeks, she has a liltte bit of salmon color coming in on her breast, its very pretty. she is soo sweet, so is he really. So you think the darker one is a rooster?!!! im so excited, they are so beautiful!!! awesome birds, loving them.
love.gif
the black breast is the dead giveaway... pullets have salmon breast cockerels black. look at the adults. same thing.

while your cockerel looks right, the pullet does NOT... she should have a salmon breast, not white/silver. that is not a recognized color combination for any dorking varieties.
Last year, one of my Silver Grey pullets also had a white/silver breast long after all the other pullets had salmon breasts. Mr. Urch said not to worry, it would come in later. My pullet did develop a salmon breast, around 4 or 5 months of age.
Angela

Last year, one of my Silver Grey pullets also had a white/silver breast long after all the other pullets had salmon breasts. Mr. Urch said not to worry, it would come in later. My pullet did develop a salmon breast, around 4 or 5 months of age.
Angela

Oh I'm hoping for a rooster..Mcmurray gives free exotic rare chicks usually Roos ..what about the comb pretty big for 6'7 weeks right

new dorking egg on top, with leghorn, columbine, welsummer and bluebell eggs to show all the pretty colours!
I love you guys, my family are like 'ugh' when I get excited about new eggs and chickens - its great to have people who share my madness!!

gig.gif
You're not a real chicken person if you don't get excited about that first egg...

Quote:
I don't think so, because it's included whether you need extras or not. I think it's just advertising. People get excited about "free" and "exotic" so they're more likely to buy from McM than the competitor. Also, since the chick is unique people tend to focus on it and bond with it, they order more of that breed the next year. It's actually a great way to generate repeat business, and get rid of extra cockerel chicks at the same time.

Last edited:
yep, i would say that its pretty accurate. I really do hope its a rooster, then i can have baby dorkings. Is this breed generally uber sweet or just my chicks. Really loving my little dorkings.
love.gif

I don't think so, because it's included whether you need extras or not. I think it's just advertising. People get excited about "free" and "exotic" so they're more likely to buy from McM than the competitor. Also, since the chick is unique people tend to focus on it and bond with it, then order more of that breed the next year. It's actually a great way to generate repeat business, and get rid of extra cockerel chicks at the same time.

Good explanation. Thanks
wink.png

Back
Top Bottom