B.Y.C. Dorking Club!

Hello Heavacres. Lovely red dorkings. I would be interested in acquiring some of your line. I am in sw Pennsylvania. I would be interested in chicks, pullets, or even hatching eggs. I would like to get some new blood for my little flock. How could I get in touch with you about this? Thank you.

I can't find anyone locally though I figured I'd ask here. I have white Dorkings from both Yellow House and Sandhill. I finally feel like I'm ready to sell hatching eggs and maybe day old chicks, though not shipping them. What is a reasonable going rate? I sold a couple of dozen last year for 10 dollars a dozen but the lady who bought them said she thought that was pretty cheap. Can anybody give me a better idea of what I should charge?

I can't find anyone locally though I figured I'd ask here. I have white Dorkings from both Yellow House and Sandhill. I finally feel like I'm ready to sell hatching eggs and maybe day old chicks, though not shipping them. What is a reasonable going rate? I sold a couple of dozen last year for 10 dollars a dozen but the lady who bought them said she thought that was pretty cheap. Can anybody give me a better idea of what I should charge?

I've bought red Dorking eggs for $20 a dozen. That would be reasonable.

Hey there everyone!

We have been thinking of getting dorkings for quite sometime and the time to get them has finally come. I live in Alberta but I remember seeing a breeder out of Québec that was selling Dorkings last year. We are travelling to Montreal in March for my brothers military ceremony and were thinking that if we could find this breeder out of Québec that we might be able to go and pick up preferably hatching eggs as we like to raise our chicks from the very beginning! even if I can order them as day old I would be happy with that but we are having some major trouble locating anyone that breeds them in Alberta. I have found someone in Saskatchewan but they only appear to have red Dorkings and we would prefer silver grey. If anyone has a lead I would greatly appreciate it!!

-Thanks as always!!!
love.gif

If you can't get any, you can always have Murray McMurray ship you chicks to a US Post Office on the border. I've read that they have the best hatchery SGD, and they provide the paperwork you need to get them back across into Canada (for a charge). I think many breeders that participate in NPIP may be able to do the same, if willing to obtain the documents. Maybe call Urch/Turnland. Good luck.
Thanks! I've tried to find her with no luck
sad.png
but I am willing to get them shipped or drive to get them from BC or Sask. But hopefully someone knows the breeder in Quebec i saw but unfortunately cannot remember.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom