B.Y.C. Dorking Club!

Hi Dorking Community :) I'm from Ontario Canada, I Love Dorking's.... Mainly because my Family is from Dorking England and I love their GIANT Dorking statue in the middle of the main roundabout lmao.

I currently have 13 Silver Grey Dorking eggs I purchased from DC Heritage in Quebec that are day nineteen lock down with my other Amauracana and Barnyard Mix eggs. I am very excited for the hatching this weekend.

Attachments

• DFDCC910-19CC-414C-A828-9E75A21ABB7E.jpeg
    DFDCC910-19CC-414C-A828-9E75A21ABB7E.jpeg
    301.9 KB · Views: 6
Last edited:
I would think you would end up with some of each color. Probably red with white feathers or blotches of silver or silver with blotches of red depending on whose genetics dominate the chick. If the red roo is dominant you will mostly have red chicks.
I think you will find that silver/gold is sexlinked. With a silver rooster (SS) over red hens(s-), hen offspring will be what their father is(S-). Roosters will be "golden" Being heterogeneous (Ss)

I think you will find that silver/gold is sexlinked. With a silver rooster (SS) over red hens(s-), hen offspring will be what their father is(S-). Roosters will be "golden" Being heterogeneous (Ss)

You can tell as the feathers grow in on the breast and that is at 3 to 4 weeks old. pullets have salmon corored feather in the breast and cockerels have black

It is not true that you can tell from the head color at hatch.

Silver dorkings are not classified as an auto sexing breed like crested cream leg bars.

Sex linked and auto sex sexing are two very different things.
Yes!

You can't have a sexlink within the same breed. SG dorkings are not sex linked or auto sexing for the first one because they are the same breed. The second one because no one bread them to be auto sexing.

Well, I finally got to weighing this pair. The pullet weighs 5 3/4lbs, which is 1/4lb below standard weight. The cockerel weighs 8lbs on the money, which is precisely standard. His confrere in the neighboring pen leads in the weight category--a cockerel reaching 9 1/4lbs (not pictured). I'm glad of the weights; now it's time to go at type full steam ahead.
I love this picture!

Going to cheerfully resurrect this thread, because my Dorking, Dora, laid her first egg today! She’s a late maturer, as all the info on the breed says, 7 months! Her egg is definitely pure white, not cream or tinted like I think they’re supposed to be. Doesn’t particularly matter to me, just interesting. All the girls are still having a party about her laying out in the run. 😂
F369ABA5-CD0D-4F16-BBDB-35FEAA392C2B.jpeg
60149E69-4B6F-4638-A25C-76B89A3D40A5.jpeg
7379C441-65F7-47DA-B8C6-6AEAA68A50FE.jpeg
D6109441-ED84-4DF1-9FD6-9863882C0641.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom