B.Y.C. Dorking Club!

Pics
Dorkings usually lay more of a slightly tinted than a chalk white egg. That's why a minimum of white on the red earlobe is both allowed and legitimate in terms of the egg color. Dorkings are really grand birds to have around and work with. Hope you enjoy your own. What phase of reds did you get? There are several though the cocks look like typical BB Reds the hens are all different.

Mrs. AK-Bird-Brain :

smile.png
Yes, Silkies have 5 toes, Salmon Faverolles, Sultans I think,... there are a few. It just depends what the breeder has in his pen as possible crosses.
smile.png

Polydactyly, like rumplessness, can also just be a fluke. It could just be a random mutation. For example, I currently have a rumpless Dorking hen. I've had a closed Dorking flock for several years, and I've never had a rumpless fowl on the property. It can just show up every so many hathclings.​

Yellow House,

Are your eggs tinted or white? I was always under the impression they would be a chalk white, until I got my Dorkings
smile.png
Are there Dorkings that really lay a chalk-white egg anywhere? Or is the tinted egg a result of some cross-breeding long ago?

It's interesting because Lamonas Sultans, and Faverolles are all supposed to have some Dorking ancestry. Only with Faverolles does the SOP call for a tinted egg.

when will the dorkings start to lay i know they are a bit later than other breeds but im not sure when. mine are about 51/2 mths now
boobs is turning into a good looking roo
DSC00703-1.jpg

DSC00705.jpg

these are the only pics ive got lately

They should start pretty soon, I'd say. I can't imagine them much past 6 months. The real problem is the cold. If they get to laying age when its cold, they won't start until they get enough light/heat. The man I got mine from lives in OK and he says he doesn't set until at least March 1.

Quote:
he is a silver grey but still has his juvenile feathers he is getting a nice long greenish tail & he has a blue tinge on his wings

Back
Top Bottom