B.Y.C. Dorking Club!

Pics
Here's my one Silver Grey boy, "Junior".
SilverGreyDorkingRooster1-6-201110-47-37AM.jpg

Junior with one of the pullets:
SilverGreyDorkingpair1-6-201110-50-38AM.jpg

My one (scruffy) Red Dorking hen:
RedDorkingHen1-6-201110-57-30AM.jpg

Just put my first egg of the season in the incubator this morning...
celebrate.gif

Here are a couple pics of today
smile.png
I don't think they really like the snow much and I know their combs don't like this cold!

IMG_0238.JPG

2010 cockerel

IMG_0239.JPG

Red hen with most of her tail molting.

Last edited:
Ok - here are some pics of my birdie boos...

Colonel Brandon...
56414_colonel_brandon.jpg

Maryanne Dashwood...
56414_img-20110125-00082.jpg

Ms. Grey...
56414_img-20110125-00069.jpg

Lewelyen....
56414_img-20110125-00075.jpg

Rowena...
56414_rowena.jpg

I know they are mostly inside, and may be a bit hard to see, but it's too COLD to go out Mum, er, at least that's what most of them say
D.gif

You know, if you're wondering about breed standard, like if you should keep a roo with four toes, white earlobes, should their toes point up, what's coloring for this variety etc etc, they ARE in the American Standard of Perfection. They certainly aren't very common birds, and even a lot of judges wouldn't be able to tell us much (believe me
hide.gif
) but they are a recognized breed. The Standard of Perfection is like the chicken Bible, and has ALL the recognized breeds in it, the standard, perfect appearance of each variety, male and female in great detail, and is the official DQ/defect/etc source for not just chickens, but ducks and turkeys and geese too. I think you have probably heard of it, but I haven't seen anybody mention it yet so I thought I'd throw it out there.
big_smile.png
The hardback color copies are pretty expensive, (for a book) but the paperback black and white's are lower. Just thought it would be helpful.

I wanna get some picks! D: i keep forgetting!
hit.gif

Quote:
I love your kids laying in the sun - I laughed out loud when I saw them :)

Very handsome young man you have there...
love.gif

Thank you i think he is quite handsome too i just hope his temperament doesnt change when he starts being a man, the older rooster keeps picking on him so he hasnt started to crow or anything yet. he is quiet & always under my feet but not friendly enough to pick up & he looks after his 2 dorking girls aswell as the 4 SLW girls ( 1 is the same age & the other 3 are a month younger. he lets the 3 young ones sleep under him )
gig.gif

Back
Top Bottom