B.Y.C. Dorking Club!

Pics
Quote:
Soooooo happy for you!!!!! I have 4 developing ......do the 21st!...red ones.... Enjoy western NY...Hamburg has so much to offer!...

Awesome, Karen! My next ones are due around the 27th I think. I have both my Reds & a mix of colors in that batch... SG roo over white, light grey, black & SG girls. Hoping for something interesting to hatch!
big_smile.png

There are 7 white chickies now! Maybe 8 -- one was trying to get out last time I looked.

I need more SG. Anyone have any eggs available?

I'll see you Sunday!

Yep Sunday....now what we suppose to do?! for the meeting....I have 1 Cayuga out.....5 more almost and 1 new pip....Ducks anyone!?...I set 4 little Pastel Call ducks last night...I so wish more of the Dorkings had developed...oops this is the Dorking thread....

Quote:
YEAH!!!!
celebrate.gif

I am so happy for you!

Ed contacted me yesterday and I had the unpleasant task of telling him about my hatch...thankfully he is allowing me to contact him again next year.
smile.png

Quote:
VERY SAD!!!
hugs.gif

But I do have good news for you! Reds are on their way to you, by Noon today.
yippiechickie.gif

I guess I won't get any SG eggs from those pretty chickens then?
hu.gif

Jen

Not necessarily, dorking moms and dad made it out unscathed. I lost my frizzle hen and 2 Delawares. I also lost about 15 chicks.
sad.png

Quote:
No, just the chicks... The La Fleche are at a farm where they are being finished out. I will be able to pick out the best ones for my flock. I lost all but a few of my Red Dorking chicks though...
sad.png

Dave

Quote:
YEAH!!!!
celebrate.gif

I am so happy for you!

Ed contacted me yesterday and I had the unpleasant task of telling him about my hatch...thankfully he is allowing me to contact him again next year.
smile.png

Yeah, that's always a difficult conversation! I've been on both ends of that one. I try to send out more if I can, but you can't always do it.

A bunch more hatched while I was gone for the day, but it's utter chaos in there! I'm going to have to spring them tonite before bed. They're jumping over the ends of the hatching tray & I'm afraid some are going to get crushed!

Quote:
YEAH!!!!
celebrate.gif

I am so happy for you!

smile.png

Yeah, that's always a difficult conversation! I've been on both ends of that one. I try to send out more if I can, but you can't always do it.

A bunch more hatched while I was gone for the day, but it's utter chaos in there! I'm going to have to spring them tonite before bed. They're jumping over the ends of the hatching tray & I'm afraid some are going to get crushed!

I have too, and it is a difficult conversation for both parties.

Please post lots of pics! I have to live vicariously through you.

Back
Top Bottom