B.Y.C. Dorking Club!

Pics
Quote:
thumbsup.gif

I got my Red Dorkings from Jen as well.... she is great to work with!

I will second (or third ?) that! And don't forget Renee!!
smile.png

Thanks to these two, I am finally getting a start on my Red Dorkings, and have new blood for my lavender Orpington project. And Mottled Lavender Orpington...
smile.png
I was doing a little rearranging, and figured it was time for some update photos... imagine my surprise when I pulled out my first Red Dorking chick, and realized it's a boy!!!!

IMG_0003-1.jpg

I have a pair!!!!!!
celebrate.gif

IMG_0002-2.jpg

IMG_0007-1.jpg

And here's the little mottled lavender chick...
IMG_0004-2.jpg

I think it's a girl.
smile.png
And I'm getting a couple more from a friend of mine that happens to have two extras.
thumbsup.gif

hugs.gif
thank you Jen and Renee!!

I thought they were both girls when they hatched, and was bummed there wasn't a boy... this REALLY made my day.
smile.png

Ok, final count if 4 babies and all healthy and absolutely BEAUTIFUL!!! They went outside in the brooder pen this afternoon and when I looked out they were playing with the other chicks having a great time.

I am so hoping they are all roosters. I will breed them over my silver grey females and can keep adding a male back to the female babies. I think that is a great way to get to the reds...
smile.png

Thanks again Jen, you are amazing!

Dave

Mrs. AK-Bird-Brain :

Quote:
Start by weighing all your cockerels. Remove the lower 50% right off the top. Look at the birds sideways, be looking for a rectangle. Look down over them. Be looking for breadth of shoulder, a body that's more or less as broad at the tail as it is at the shoulders. Look for a wide, deep stance and good width inbetween their legs. Give the ALBC educational recsources a good read. They'll make you feel much more confident.

thumbsup.gif
Excellent!​

Excellent advice one an all.

Unfortunately, there's not. At least not yet! I was recently appointed VP of the official Dorking Breeders Club. My main goal is preservation. One of the ways I intend to help save the Dorking is by making a comprehensive breeders list available.

Are you looking for a particular color or line?

Quote:

Back
Top Bottom