B.Y.C. Dorking Club!

I'll be interested to see how the project goes
smile.png

I just got dues in this morning, so I missed the previous newsletter.

Am I right in assuming (It may be in this thread, but I've already forgotten
gig.gif
) Mr Russell no longer is breeding Dorkings?

Looks like I'm going to have to have tons of patience in obtaining stock.. while a tad frusterating (on top of everything else) I know it'll be worth it
thumbsup.gif
I can always take out the frusteration on the weeds in the garden
gig.gif

Quote:
I ordered Dorkings from them this year. I got SC Red, RC Red, White and Silver Gray. The Reds have been fast growing and look to be of decent body type, they also have the best toes, it's to early to tell about color. The whites have not been that nice as far as type goes, even though they are supposed to be related to Ed Harts birds, they don't compare in growth rate, to the ones I hatched from Ed Hart. The Silver Grays have had good growth rate and decent body type, but the color is way off. I did also hatch eggs this year from Roger Tice.

Quote:
Nicole--- If you send me your email addy, I'll forward you the newsletter.
smile.png
There's also great articles by Craig Russel & our own TOLchick, Jen!

The Preservation Project is indeed Noah's brainchild. BTW -- He got a President's Education Award last week!
clap.gif

Quote:
smile.png

The Preservation Project is indeed Noah's brainchild. BTW -- He got a President's Education Award last week!
clap.gif

YAY NOAH!!!! On Renee - you must be SOOO proud! Congrats!

ya.gif
ya.gif
ya.gif

Quote:
smile.png

clap.gif

GO NOAH!!
celebrate.gif
celebrate.gif
celebrate.gif
HE sure sounds like a terrific young man
smile.png
You gotta be one proud Mama!!!
bow.gif

Oh and yay thank you! I'll get you my email in just a sec
thumbsup.gif

I have an offer for anyone in driving distance to me...

I have 9 SG pullets I kept back for myself and 2 Red Dorkings I have (hopefully one is a rooster). I am starting a new business that will require a lot of travel and have agreed to forgo my beloved chicken flock for the success of my business... Secretly, I've only agreed cause I intend to go full out gang busters in the future. Hee hee...

Anyway, I don't want to sell my dorkings to just anyone cause it was WAY too hard to find them and to breed them and well, I love my flock so, if you are someone who lives in or around the Kansas City, MO area and are willing to drive to pick these birds up, I am willing to GIVE them to you with the simple agreement you will allow me to have eggs/chicks next year.

My SGs are great birds, they started from hatchery stock I got from Ideal but I culled down to only the best so that these are really awesome chickens. These are their babies and again, they are showing great promise. The Reds came from Jen and are healthy and spry!

Let me know if you are interested but if you don't think you can come here to get them please pass to someone else. I need this to be an easy transition!

Thanks,

Dave

Quote:
You are just BEGGING me to drive that far - aren't you???

Let me think about it, and talk with Linds, one more road trip for GOOD Dorkings may be in our future!

Quote:
You are just BEGGING me to drive that far - aren't you???

Let me think about it, and talk with Linds, one more road trip for GOOD Dorkings may be in our future!

LOL, you are funny... They need a great home so I won't discourage you.

Back
Top Bottom