Babies are here! Got that call at 4am!!! Peep Peep Peep!!!!

zatsdeb

Songster
12 Years
Oct 2, 2007
Lincoln, Illinois
75 total, 50 light brahma pullets, and 25 Rhode Island Reds.............. Mt Healthy bonus chicks! Very pleased with shipping, they shipped yesterday and we got them this morning! Packed great too!!!
What a bunch of cuties!!!!

babychicksmarch212011153.jpg

They are so sweet! Wow 50 Brahmas. I only have one Brahma but she is just such a fun chicken, like a big chicken teddy bear.

I just love my brahmas! I still have my first 2 brahma hens, and rooster I hatched out over 6 years ago, and they still lay eggs! I have had barred rock, slw, ee, all kinds, we have them getting older, and my husband was going to get about 10 pullets from the farm supply store, I told him I was going to order the brahmas, when I told him I could get 50 and then 25 free he said ok! pretty cool we went from getting 10 to getting 75!

N&MSchroeder :

4 am?
ep.gif
Seriously? My next chickens are shipping today, but in no way am I expecting a call at 4 am!
smile.png

did you give your phone number to the hatchery? the post office usually will call you to give you the option to pick them up, I always choose to pick them up so they can get in the brooder quicker!!! I don't like the idea of them riding around in a mail truck for hours...​

Quote:
did you give your phone number to the hatchery? the post office usually will call you to give you the option to pick them up, I always choose to pick them up so they can get in the brooder quicker!!! I don't like the idea of them riding around in a mail truck for hours...

I don't want a call that early (and my phone isn't on that early anyway) so the day before I expected a shipment, I went into the post office and told them to call my at 9am. Everyone would be up and dressed by then so I could go get them. They called at 9:01!

Back
Top Bottom