Babies early. Worried about humidity.

:welcome :frow It could be low humidity and the chick is stuck. Since it has pipped 24 hours ago, I would pick the shell away very slowly. You may have to assist. If you see any veins or blood, STOP. Most likely the chick is still absorbing the yolk. Early hatches are usually a sign that the temperature has been on the high side. You may want to check your thermometer. Good luck and have fun...

I would like to thank you for your responses. Unfortunately I'm not sure what happened, but the chick did not make it. When I took him out of the incubator there was no response. I peeled back the membrane a little bit and tapped on his beak and he had no movement. I moistened the membrane with coconut oil as I had read and I saw no veins so I started to peel back the shell. I was able to view his little face and could not get a response so continued to peel. I am not sure what happened, but veins were completely absorbed and so was the sack.
I started with 13 eggs. 3 which were quitters between days 7 and 14, 1 which quit right around day 14 and then this little one. But I have 8 bouncing babies to carry on from our little backyard flock of 4 mixtures. 🙂
USER_SCOPED_TEMP_DATA_MSGR_PHOTO_FOR_UPLOAD_1586218737031.jpeg
20200406_191416.jpg

I had my first hatch of this year last week. One chick was mostly zipped but expired before it hatched. Sometimes they don't make it. Good luck and have fun with the rest of your chicks...

Back
Top Bottom