Babies getting crickets = Early Christmas for ALL of us!

bayyjayy

Songster
8 Years
Jul 5, 2011
Utah
A neighbor had some crickets she bought for some frogs that died, so she was nice enough to give them to me...she had a pack of 36 that I fed my babies last night, and then she had some other ones, plus two spiders, in another container that we fed them tonight. It was Christmas for them scoring some tasty treats....but it was also Christmas for me WATCHING them score some tasty treats.

Dang, but I love these guys!

6.jpg

Yeah its great fun watching them zip around trying to catch them
smile.png
fish are a fun treat as well! My Peepers was scared of the fish at first, it was hilarious!

I did the fish too for my Cayugas....it was great fun, though it lasted all of 30 seconds!!!! When these babies get a bit bigger I will do it again for them!!

Hey Mike,
I buy crickets for my babies all winter .. I buy a box of 500 and throw handfulls out every nite.. they last 4-5 days..i get them once or twice a month.. that was for four ducks.. I now have seven so i will prbly get a box of 1000,....
get them at Earl May.... its fun watching them chase them down and gives them some good protein ..
Kristine.

43749_2011-01-27_16-21-06_882.jpg

Last edited:
Hattie crix are SO easy to raise in something like a large rubbermaid. They just need egg crates and damp substrate to lay eggs in. I used to raise them for my geckos and toads. They do stink to high heaven though - but so do boughten crickets.

You can find details with a Google search
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom