Babies have arrived! Pics! And now with video!

Yep! I'm really looking forward to seeing what they look like when they get their feathers.

0.jpg

Just went in and double checked... her markings are grey/black, not brown, so she's probably a Silver.

Today was a day for exploring.

First, we discovered mud:

0.jpg

Then I followed Peek and Poke around a bit trying to get a decent shot of them. They don't like people. So what do you think, Rouen or Mallards? I'm definitely leaning toward Rouen.

0.jpg

Finally, the littles explored the pen and found the pile of straw that the big girls like to sleep on. I also really love their reaction when they see Peek in the yard.

0.jpg

OMG WHAT IS THAT??!!!

Last edited:
Aww... what a fun day! Also, is that a sandbox you are using for the pool? My girls have one that looks really similar. It has been in storage since our move (almost 2 years now) and I think we might be getting it out of storage this weekend... and I was just wondering this evening if my girls were too old to use it. It may need to be re-purposed. Does it work well as a pool? Do you bail the water to empty it?

Aww... what a fun day! Also, is that a sandbox you are using for the pool? My girls have one that looks really similar. It has been in storage since our move (almost 2 years now) and I think we might be getting it out of storage this weekend... and I was just wondering this evening if my girls were too old to use it. It may need to be re-purposed. Does it work well as a pool? Do you bail the water to empty it?

Yep, that's a sandbox. The previous owners of the house left it behind, and it'd just been gathering dust by the back fence for the past 8 years. It works ok as a pool, if I only fill it halfway I can pick up one side and dump it out. It's kind of heavy, though. I'm planning on replacing it with an actual kiddie pool with a plug on the bottom and a french drain system.

Yep! I'm really looking forward to seeing what they look like when they get their feathers.

0.jpg

Just went in and double checked... her markings are grey/black, not brown, so she's probably a Silver.
OK, Abba, just help yourself and set in the food dish, it's all right. YOU CUTE LITTLE THING!!

Today was a day for exploring.

First, we discovered mud:

0.jpg

Then I followed Peek and Poke around a bit trying to get a decent shot of them. They don't like people. So what do you think, Rouen or Mallards? I'm definitely leaning toward Rouen.

0.jpg

Finally, the littles explored the pen and found the pile of straw that the big girls like to sleep on. I also really love their reaction when they see Peek in the yard.

0.jpg

OMG WHAT IS THAT??!!!
I love your videos.

OMG HOW DID I MISS THIS THREAD UNTIL NOW???? Oh yea, I was probably staring through an incubator window!
lol.png

I'm having a lazy day at work, so I just read the entire thing.
big_smile.png
Now I feel up to date with your little boogers! I believe I am partial to Abba, since I have 4 Swedish. The videos and pics are awesome!! And mine, like yours, are growing like little weeds! But with the amount of food mine put away, I shouldn't be surprised. My hubby is out of town for a few days, and will be shocked when he gets home this evening!

Anyhoo.... beautiful babies, and lovely work you are doing!

Thank you! It's amazing how fast they grow, isn't it? I can't believe how much food they pack away. I left them with a full dish last night, and woke up this morning to them yelling their heads off because the food was all gone.

Back
Top Bottom