Babies started pipping, I'm in need of distractions!!

OldSchoolSarge

Chirping
Apr 2, 2024
Southern New York
OMG, I'm so excited! Have 19 duck eggs in the incubator (along with 10 goose eggs - not as far along) and they've all pipped. 2 externally pipped at the wrong end, 4 have internally and externally pipped, and the rest have internally pipped. All are moving well and cheeping away, so nothing to worry about, but WHY DOES IT TAKE SO LONG?!?!?!😭 Anyway, i thought I'd start a thread so I can post pics when they FINALLY hatch...😏

Take a walk or a nap, or read the newspaper online, take a drive...some of the things I do. But it's still on our minds the whole time! :wee

Hoping you have a great hatch and I'll hopefully see pictures when you post 'em.

OMG, I'm so excited! Have 19 duck eggs in the incubator (along with 10 goose eggs - not as far along) and they've all pipped. 2 externally pipped at the wrong end, 4 have internally and externally pipped, and the rest have internally pipped. All are moving well and cheeping away, so nothing to worry about, but WHY DOES IT TAKE SO LONG?!?!?!😭 Anyway, i thought I'd start a thread so I can post pics when they FINALLY hatch...😏
I put some duck eggs in my incubator a few days ago but also ducks usually can take up to 48 hours before they hatch after they externally pip if it take longer than that you should think about helping 🙃

Candled eggs last night before bed, everyone had internally or externally pipped and all were moving and cheeping. Woke up this morning expecting some progress, but none seems to have happened. Still cheeping away. At what point should I put in safety holes? I don't know when everyone internally pipped, but I know at least 2 were internally pipped night before last when I increased humidity, and they haven't externally pipped yet. Also, the 2 that pipped at the wrong end...should I put coconut oil on their membrane that's exposed? It seems to be dry, but not stiff and is starting to pull away from the egg a little. One also looks like it hit a blood vessel when it pipped through, but baby is still alive (moving and making noise) despite pipping yesterday sometime. I don't want to step in too early, but I don't want to wait too long either.

Breaking news...goose eggs are hatching, too! 1 externally pipped and at least 3 internally pipped. I wonder if the ducks are waiting for the geese?🤔 It seems like I've been waiting forever!!🤣😂 1st duck egg externally pipped Saturday morning, so it hasn't really been that long, and progress is being made, but boy is it hard to wait!😑

First 6 babies were out and waiting for me this morning!😍
20240416_090358.jpg

Back
Top Bottom