baby angelina isn't walking/standing upright. what could be wrong?

team guava pastry

Songster
10 Years
Feb 4, 2009
Miami, FL
my newbie chinese goose doesn't seem to be running around in her pen as she has for the past several days. she's eating, drinking and pooping. she seems to be breathing a little heavy (not sure if this is normal with youngins). she's about 2 weeks old and we're a bit concerned something may be wrong. any suggestions? thanks a million.
22404_img_1342.jpg

please hurry with answers we're really worried and would hate to wake up to something not so wonderful. THANK YOU!!!!!!!!

Last edited:
How hot is your brooder. Remember she is way closer to the heat lamp than the chicks are. Goslings won't need as much heat as chicks do. Especially after 2 weeks.

Is she getting fresh cool water to drink? Unmedicated feed? Are you giving her finely chopped greens?

we will check the temp now.
she is standing on her heels vs straight up on her whole foot.
no medicated feed, fresh water but no greens. what greens??? if we put greens is it ok for the hens to eat it?

Well she is still with us, thank god. I must have checked on her at least a dozen times last night.

I put a towel over the straw and she seems to be walking around a little more. Towels can always be washed.

Perhaps a little sunshine and fresh air, will do her good.

any other advice???????

I know ducks need more niacin than chicks, so I added some brewer's yeast to my baby's feed. Are geese the same way?

Update,

baby angelina is doing much better. thanks for all the posts. Not sure if I solved the problem, but I took out the streaw and replaced it with just towels.
Its a pain to clean it up but she is much more active and is walking around much more

I'll post a picture soon

thanks again
tgp

Back
Top Bottom