Baby bantam cochins from Ideal (pics)

buckyphifer

In the Brooder
11 Years
Feb 27, 2008
Northwest Tennessee
Here are some pics of our new babies. We received the white and blue cochins on March 7 and the self blue on March 14. Its amazing how much they grow in one week! This was my first time to order poultry so I was a little nervous. However, I have been so impressed with Ideal and will definitely order again. Their staff is so friendly and helpful and my chicks are all in great shape.

DSCN2431.jpg

DSCN2429.jpg

DSCN2426.jpg

They are beautiful! I've been trying to hatch some golden lace cochin bantams and not having very good success. Maybe I should order! Love those self blues!

Very cute. I just hatched some bantam cochins from eggs I got in the swap. The person has black, blue and white. So I got one white, two black and two that might be blue, but they are not as light as yours so maybe they are all black, not sure. Congrats on your chicks.

Marie

A self blue is what is sometime referred to as a lavendar. Unlike the regular blue that can produce 3 different colors, a self blue always produces self blue. The first self blue I saw was old english and I have 2 of them. To me, they are just really pretty and different. Congrats on your find! I think you will really be pleased.

I heart cochin bantams-I decided I needed a variety in my flock this year, so I didn't get any, but I'll miss those fuzzy cochin butts! Sute!!

Back
Top Bottom