Baby Blue update

desertdarlene

Crowing
11 Years
Aug 4, 2010
San Diego
I don't know if anyone remembers me posting about a young duck with a gigantic crop? Turns out, it was probably because he was growing through a growth spurt. He's finally quit growing and looks fit now. He actually looks better than when he was dumped, which tells you a lot about his former owners and his former diet as dumped ducks get the worst diet ever (if they get anything).

Baby Blue has already been a father, though his babies didn't make it a week.

Here is a photo I took of Baby Blue today:

I thought about waiting to post this because I don't want to encourage duck dumping this soon after Easter. I know none of you guys here on this forum would do that. Also, as a suggestion, if you can take in some rescues this time of year, that would be great.

For anyone else who sees this, please don't drop off your ducks at a park or lake. So many horrible, mean, rotten things happen to them.

He's gorgeous dd, what happened to his babies? we just had a pair of wild Canada's hatch out 6 goslings today down at the river below our home. Such a joy to see.

I think they got eaten by the gulls. I took lots of pictures of them when they were alive. I posted a couple of them on Deviantart under Blue and Yellow and blue-yellow duckling: http://desertdarlene.deviantart.com/

I think we just had some Canada geese hatch today, but I couldn't see them. It would be the first time that they've ever hatched at that lake.

I think they got eaten by the gulls. I took lots of pictures of them when they were alive. I posted a couple of them on Deviantart under Blue and Yellow and blue-yellow duckling: http://desertdarlene.deviantart.com/

I think we just had some Canada geese hatch today, but I couldn't see them. It would be the first time that they've ever hatched at that lake.
Your such a talented lady dd those are beautiful painting. and your photography is excellent too. That's too bad about the babies. I hope the Canada babies make it as I hope these here do too.
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom