Baby Blue update

desertdarlene

Crowing
9 Years
Aug 4, 2010
San Diego
I don't know if anyone remembers me posting about a young duck with a gigantic crop? Turns out, it was probably because he was growing through a growth spurt. He's finally quit growing and looks fit now. He actually looks better than when he was dumped, which tells you a lot about his former owners and his former diet as dumped ducks get the worst diet ever (if they get anything).

Baby Blue has already been a father, though his babies didn't make it a week.

Here is a photo I took of Baby Blue today:

I thought about waiting to post this because I don't want to encourage duck dumping this soon after Easter. I know none of you guys here on this forum would do that. Also, as a suggestion, if you can take in some rescues this time of year, that would be great.

For anyone else who sees this, please don't drop off your ducks at a park or lake. So many horrible, mean, rotten things happen to them.

Miss Lydia

Enlightened
Premium member
10 Years
Oct 3, 2009
Mountains of Western N.C.
He's gorgeous dd, what happened to his babies? we just had a pair of wild Canada's hatch out 6 goslings today down at the river below our home. Such a joy to see.

desertdarlene

Crowing
9 Years
Aug 4, 2010
San Diego
I think they got eaten by the gulls. I took lots of pictures of them when they were alive. I posted a couple of them on Deviantart under Blue and Yellow and blue-yellow duckling: http://desertdarlene.deviantart.com/

I think we just had some Canada geese hatch today, but I couldn't see them. It would be the first time that they've ever hatched at that lake.

Miss Lydia

Enlightened
Premium member
10 Years
Oct 3, 2009
Mountains of Western N.C.
I think they got eaten by the gulls. I took lots of pictures of them when they were alive. I posted a couple of them on Deviantart under Blue and Yellow and blue-yellow duckling: http://desertdarlene.deviantart.com/

I think we just had some Canada geese hatch today, but I couldn't see them. It would be the first time that they've ever hatched at that lake.
Your such a talented lady dd those are beautiful painting. and your photography is excellent too. That's too bad about the babies. I hope the Canada babies make it as I hope these here do too.

Top Bottom