baby call ducks

phantom1

Songster
6 Years
5 Years
Mar 26, 2015
hi we are geting baby call diuks/ baby ducks
can anyone help me we want to have our calls and other baby ducks survive are there any suggestions to keep them from dying they will be inside for a month or so when they are delivered

@Duck mommy 2019 @Isaac 0 Why are you worried about them dying? As long as you have the proper heat source at the right temp, they are protected, and you feed them enough and give them water, they should be good! 😊
depending on the weather you may want to keep them in longer until they are fully feathered especially since calls are so small. don’t get them shipped because that kills so many of them and is super stressful. if you can find a breeder near you that would be best and they would most likely survive

@Duck mommy 2019 @Isaac 0 Why are you worried about them dying? As long as you have the proper heat source at the right temp, they are protected, and you feed them enough and give them water, they should be good! 😊
I agree and when they arrive it is good to give them probiotics and electrolytes because they were stressed :hugson their journey. :thumbsup
The probiotics will help with adjusting to the new feed.

Calls are quite fragile at hatch and tend not to do well being shipped, especially across the country. It's hard to find people who sell call ducklings for that reason. If you do have them shipped, they may do fine, but it is taking a risk, especially if having them shipped across the country and in cold temps.

That being said, it may be best to look for a breeder near you where you can directly pick up the Calls. Another option would be to hatch your own eggs. Offering vitamins/electrolytes for the first few days once you get them may help with any stress. In addition, make sure to keep their brooder warm, and allow them to move away from the heat. Being tiny, calls should be able get in, and out of the waterer dish easily. When young, straw is a little too bumpy/rough for calls, so consider opting for something flat like towels, or puppy pee pads, until they're a little older.

Here is a breeder directory for Calls in the U.S, as well as some information about how to care for them :

http://www.callducks.net/looking_after_calls.htm

https://hobbyfarmwisdom.com/call-ducks-for-sale-in-all-states/

:goodpost:
hi we are geting baby call diuks/ baby ducks
can anyone help me we want to have our calls and other baby ducks survive are there any suggestions to keep them from dying they will be inside for a month or so when they are delivered
I believe you are a bit worried :oops: I would stop and take a breath. It always helps me.
Now I here is what you should do

1. Have a brooder area ready for them :jumpy
  2. Make sure you have fresh food with enough minerals and protein🥙🥙
  3. Make sure you have fresh water and try to give them electrolytes and probiotics
  4. Make sure you have a heat source
  5. And finally I would get them from a reliable source that is healthy and clean we made the mistake of getting them from a different breeder and we had 4 out of 13 survive. She said it was the brooder and that she added to much water and they got respiratory
  6. Here is a question why would you like to get them
  7. I hope I was helpful

Back
Top Bottom