Baby camel

I never thought of having a camel for a pet out here in Oregon. It would be lovely! I have to read more about these guys. Are they difficult to take care of? Do they smell funky? I know they spit on occassion, but I think that would be funny, actually.

We just have llamas, alpacas, and plenty of goats around here
sad.png

They are easy to take care of. They eat grass/hay, grain, and salt. We sometimes give fruit/veggies/and popcorn for treats. Never really had them spit at anyone but they will throw up if we are trying to pin them to the wall for testing. They don't mind being pet but don't want anyone to grab a hold of them. They haven't been trained to ride on them either. We might keep the baby female and maybe train her when she gets older.

Here's some pictures of the new baby.

newbaby1.jpg

newbaby.jpg

babycamels1.jpg

Go ahead, rub it in!
barnie.gif

They are really good at wiping out the weeds too. They love nettles, thistles and a lot of other stuff horses and such won't touch.

If any of you want a camel, you better have one or two real good water supplies.

And you think getting a permit for a chicken is tough, wait till you ask town hall if a camel is o.k.

They are so cute, but I will let you keep them. My neighbor has Alpacas and that's smelly enough for me. SHEWEE!

Cute babies
reveriereptile I live in northeren ny and live about 20 mins or so from the border. We might even be neighbors and not even know it lol

Now that is just the cutest thing!!!

We've never had a camel...yet!!!

Are you still trying to get the Mom to take the baby? Does she not have anything to do with it?
I'd be interested in knowing how it turns out.

Jean

Back
Top Bottom