Baby cardinals!

WOW! Your farm looks like so much fun! I luv the little puppy next to the flag for Memorial day! And the bunnies! Too cute!
bun.gif

What happened to the girls foot? I feel bad for her, at least its growing back! Looks like a fun home!

yippiechickie.gif

Our baby cardinals left the nest today. Cardinals built a nest in a pomegranite bush. Nest was only about 4 foot high. I kept a regular check on them. This morning they weren't there. Only 3 of the 4 eggs hatched.

I saw 1 of them today. The woodline and trees are only about 20 feet from their nest. 1 was on a limb at the edge of the woods. I saw the daddy cardinal a few times today.
I'm guessing when they left the nest, they all went to the woods. More shade and better protection, concealment from hawks. The pomegranite bush the nest was in was in the wide open.

WOW! Your farm looks like so much fun! I luv the little puppy next to the flag for Memorial day! And the bunnies! Too cute!
bun.gif

What happened to the girls foot? I feel bad for her, at least its growing back! Looks like a fun home!

yippiechickie.gif
Gloria? The barred rock? She has always had a leg problem, and since we rescued her we don't know how she got it. It recently has gotten a lot better.... grow back? We don't want it to grow back, it was a sort of scab that was very hard to get off.
aww, do you still see the baby cardinals fluttering around?

yippiechickie.gif
Actually, we still hear cheeping in the brush, but haven't seen them yet.

Back
Top Bottom