Baby chick breed

daf230

Hatching
Mar 20, 2015
What type of chick is this I bought the eggs off of eBay and had a really good 8 out of 12 hatch but don't know what breed they are
[/IMG]

Welcome to BYC. Glad you decided join to our flock. Does it have a whitish or yellowish spot on top of its head? It's difficult to tell in the red heat lamp. If it does, it's a Barred Rock chick. If not, it could be a Black Australorp or a Black Sex Link chick. A better pic in normal lighting would help. Please feel free to ask any questions you may have. We are here to help in any way we can. Congratulations on your hatch.

Hello :frow and Welcome To BYC! X2, if you can get pictures in natural light that would help figure out what the chicks is.

thanks for everybody who replied these are some better pictures of the chicks I was also wondering if anybody knew what type of chick the yellow one is it has two black spots and 5 toes on one foot

Welcome to BYC. Glad you decided join to our flock. Does it have a whitish or yellowish spot on top of its head? It's difficult to tell in the red heat lamp. If it does, it's a Barred Rock chick. If not, it could be a Black Australorp or a Black Sex Link chick. A better pic in normal lighting would help. Please feel free to ask any questions you may have. We are here to help in any way we can. Congratulations on your hatch.
x2
Hello
frow.gif
and Welcome to BYC!
woot.gif

Glad to have you join! Feel free to make yourself at home!

Last edited:
Hello, and welcome to BYC!
welcome-byc.gif
I'm glad you joined our community.

I think that its possible that some of your chicks are mixed breeds. The black ones with white spots on their heads are probably Barred Plymouth Rocks, but the one with 5 toes looks like a mix.

Back
Top Bottom