Baby chick can’t see to eat or drink due to injury!

Kmb0717

Hatching
Jun 11, 2023
I have a baby chick that cannot open either of her eyes. She cannot see to eat or drink. I’ve been using a syringe to give her drops of water with electrolytes. I’m unsure how much she needs and how often. I tried to give her scrambled eggs but she will not peck for food. Is there anything I could give her in liquid form as a food supplement? Also, I’ve been putting terramycine on both eyes. Please share any advice!

Can you post a picture of the chick’s eyes? Is there any gunk in the eyes? Try dipping it’s beak into the water to get it drinking. Make a small amount of chick feed mixed with water, and then guide it to that to try. Is the chick able to walk? How old is it?

Can you post a picture of the chick’s eyes? Is there any gunk in the eyes? Try dipping it’s beak into the water to get it drinking. Make a small amount of chick feed mixed with water, and then guide it to that to try. Is the chick able to walk? How old is it?
One eye started to open this morning and she actually started drinking a little bit on her own. Still not eating.I’ll try the feed with water. She’s able to walk and is almost a week old. I can get a picture later. Thank you so much for your help!!!

Back
Top Bottom