Baby chick falling over

jhh315

In the Brooder
Apr 10, 2022
Oregon (PNW)
Hi there! I really hope someone can help me

I'm new to hatching babies and this morning I woke up to one on its back and could not turn over itself. Multiple times I helped her turn over. After she fully dried I moved her to the brooder in small tupperware where she could stand and not tip over. She moves her neck and is able to eat and drink. In the tupperware she stands fully on her own and is chirping. When I let her out she moves around, but it's not exactly walking? I think it's more of a low crawl and only for a few steps then sits back down. She keeps falling over or tipping backwards and won't turn back to her tummy. I watch her very closely and read all about wry neck or vitamin deficiency and I have probiotics in her water. She is about 18hours old and I'm wondering if it's something serious or just still learning how to walk and stand? None of my others have showed this behavior.

Thank you for any help or advice :)

Hi there! I really hope someone can help me

I'm new to hatching babies and this morning I woke up to one on its back and could not turn over itself. Multiple times I helped her turn over. After she fully dried I moved her to the brooder in small tupperware where she could stand and not tip over. She moves her neck and is able to eat and drink. In the tupperware she stands fully on her own and is chirping. When I let her out she moves around, but it's not exactly walking? I think it's more of a low crawl and only for a few steps then sits back down. She keeps falling over or tipping backwards and won't turn back to her tummy. I watch her very closely and read all about wry neck or vitamin deficiency and I have probiotics in her water. She is about 18hours old and I'm wondering if it's something serious or just still learning how to walk and stand? None of my others have showed this behavior.

Thank you for any help or advice :)
Sometimes takes them a while to learn their legs.

Back
Top Bottom